LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of the band downtuning they could just focus on a setlist of less vocally demanding songs? Such as more Blaze and Di'Anno era material.

The problem is that some of those challenging songs are all time classics: The Trooper, Run to the Hills, Hallowed be Thy Name, etc., and, therefore, live staples. Plying some DiAnno songs would make Bruce’s life easier (e.g., Phantom of the Opera, Sanctuary, Running Free), but I am not sure adding more Blaze songs to the set would be a good idea from a crowd-pleasing perspective.

Well, I don't think that butchering live staples is also a crowd-pleasing experience.
The all time classics (aka the live staples) will never be dropped. I don't think Trooper, TNOTB, FOTD or Iron Maiden are difficult for Bruce. As for the others: RTTH is not a live staple anymore (only played during Hits tours), Aces High and FOI too. HBTN and TETMD are not so easy live songs though.

Butchering? Only Aces sometimes.

The all time classics (aka the live staples) will never be dropped. I don't think Trooper, TNOTB, FOTD or Iron Maiden are difficult for Bruce. As for the others: RTTH is not a live staple anymore (only played during Hits tours), Aces High and FOI too. HBTN and TETMD are not so easy live songs though.

HBTN will always get played, unless uncle Barry pops up again.

You know which series of albums has much easier songs to sing? NPFTD, FOTD, TXF, VXI. History tour part 4, let's go! :D Mostly kidding

Both are literally based around the exact same note, B4. The Trooper is a very challenging song to sing.

I hate to say it but after watching recent footage if they for some reason added a last minute London show to this tour I doubt I'd go. I never thought the prospect of seeing Maiden live would ever lose its lustre. Getting old sucks!

I hate to say it but after watching recent footage if they for some reason added a last minute London show to this tour I doubt I'd go. I never thought the prospect of seeing Maiden live would ever lose its lustre. Getting old sucks!

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, the last time I saw Maiden (precisely at the O2 in London back in 2018) they were phenomenal and I can live with the memories of those superb gigs as my final Maiden shows. On the other hand, they are my favourite band and have been the soundtrack to a lot of important moments in my life, so seeing live them again with my wife (usual partner in crime) and daughter (now old enough to go to gigs) is appealing.

Decisions, decisions...

I would never pass an opportunity to see Maiden. If they add a last minute gig in London (have they done it before?) I am definitely in. As I suspect would be most of you.

I know what you mean. Watching some of the recent footage it's really looking like it's time for Maiden to either radically change the setlist to make it work for Bruce, or retire. They're ruining the reputation they had as being an incredible live band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back