LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK- I’ve said it before somewhere around here- but I like high energy openers. I thought IESF didn’t go over all that well. Maybe it was just me but it seemed people were waiting for a bang and got a wet fart.

(With that said- I love the song, just not as an opener.)

IDK- I’ve said it before somewhere around here- but I like high energy openers. I thought IESF didn’t go over all that well. Maybe it was just me but it seemed people were waiting for a bang and got a wet fart.

(With that said- I love the song, just not as an opener.)
After Bruce’s cancer scare I think opening the show with just him up there alone for a few was a great way to show “I’m okay”

Senjutsu is a great song (probably the best post-BNW song along with Eternity) but it's an awful opener, as an opener you need something like Aces High, Moonchild or Futureal which is fast. Recent Maiden albums are too slow and drag. I don't think the audience wouldn't like it if they played rare 80s songs because all of them are good, memorable, don't drag and have more energy.
I agree! I think Senjutsu is one of the best songs on the album and probably the one I listened to the most along Hell on Earth. But it's not a great opening song. Too long, not enough energy and not a great sing-along song like Aces High for example. I shouted along as loud as I could in Arnhem (NL) but I felt like I was the only one. It doesn't have the same mysterious vibe that Eternity and Satellite 15 have for me. But at least it isn't as horrible as Wildest Dreams which I never liked for some reason (it's just a very not-Maiden song for me).

If I had to rank some opening songs I'd rank em like this (sorry if I forgot any):
  1. Aces High
  2. If Eternity Should Fail
  3. Futureal
  4. Moonchild
  5. Satellite 15
  6. Wicker Man
  7. Senjutsu
  8. Wildest Dreams

but I am not sure adding more Blaze songs to the set would be a good idea from a crowd-pleasing perspective.
Which is a shame since there are some great songs.
HBTN will always get played
I know that.
You know which series of albums has much easier songs to sing? NPFTD, FOTD, TXF, VXI.
The high chorus of Wasting Love is not so easy, btw.
Watching some of the recent footage it's really looking like it's time for Maiden to either radically change the setlist to make it work for Bruce, or retire. They're ruining the reputation they had as being an incredible live band.
Wow, I think this is really exaggerated.
Most people in this forum dream of alternative setlists, the returning of songs that have not been played for decades, the live debut of old songs... but none are likely when it comes to Maiden.
We'll see.
Senjutsu is a great song (probably the best post-BNW song along with Eternity) but it's an awful opener, as an opener you need something like Aces High, Moonchild or Futureal which is fast. Recent Maiden albums are too slow and drag. I don't think the audience wouldn't like it if they played rare 80s songs because all of them are good, memorable, don't drag and have more energy.
Senjutsu has some great parts for an opener (the intro, the high singing of Bruce in the middle and the outro) and it's a slow song becasue of the type of drumming, but maybe if the chorus was more sing-along, more fans would like it. It works for me, especially with Stratego after it.
Edit: I think Senjutsu wouldn't be so effective if it's not the opener.

Recent Maiden albums are too slow? Surely not the openers (Wicker Man, Wildest Dreams and Different World) and it's not true. If Eternity Should Fail with its intro is perfect for an opener (and with Speed Of Light make a great opening pair), don't forget the fast middle part of the song too. The Final Frontier is also a good faster opening song. They have more options (The Alchemist, Days Of Future Past), it's just that they want the opening 2 songs to be the same as in the albums.
Comparing one of the best Maiden songs since 1988 to Brucie's pretentious bollocks might raise an eyebrow or two.
I agree with the first part of you comment. As for the second part - wow.

Last edited:
I agree! I think Senjutsu is one of the best songs on the album and probably the one I listened to the most along Hell on Earth. But it's not a great opening song. Too long, not enough energy and not a great sing-along song like Aces High for example. I shouted along as loud as I could in Arnhem (NL) but I felt like I was the only one. It doesn't have the same mysterious vibe that Eternity and Satellite 15 have for me. But at least it isn't as horrible as Wildest Dreams which I never liked for some reason (it's just a very not-Maiden song for me).

If I had to rank some opening songs I'd rank em like this (sorry if I forgot any):
  1. Aces High
  2. If Eternity Should Fail
  3. Futureal
  4. Moonchild
  5. Satellite 15
  6. Wicker Man
  7. Senjutsu
  8. Wildest Dreams
Are these concert or album openers?

I thought of something - if there were no History tours during the Reunion era, TEH and LOTB would have been the only Hits tours (plus RLT).

GMED tour was a strange one, but I guess they wanted to play more different songs since their Reunion.

Though I'm not a Blaze fan, but Man On The Edge in 1995 was one of their greatest openers. Worked phantastic.
Imagine if they started with Sign Of The Cross
They at least understood that moving the last track first was stupid and started with Man On The Edge.
Now they start with senjutsu, couldn't they use Stratego?

Imagine if they started with Sign Of The Cross
They at least understood that moving the last track first was stupid and started with Man On The Edge.
Now they start with senjutsu, couldn't they use Stratego?

I understand there's many people who like an explosive opener like Where Eagles Dare, Aces High or Futureal. But I personally don't have a problem with them opening with Senjutsu, on the contrary. Because it's something new, something different. When I saw them in Frankfurt, I thought it was really cool when they just came walking out after the drum intro, Steve first. It was in a very strange way very understatement, but exactly that kind of understatement let them appear so much bigger than ever. It was, sorry for being pathetic at this point, majestic in a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back