LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having been occupied with a convention the past several days I’ve not seen any RiR footage but if Bruce is ill like I suspect things will improve once he begins to recover

The middle pagoda (and the whole stage set actually) looks even better close-up. Too bad it's not more solid like the other two.

Btw, the fish is a curious detail.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    502.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 34
Plying some DiAnno songs would make Bruce’s life easier (e.g., Phantom of the Opera, Sanctuary, Running Free), but I am not sure adding more Blaze songs to the set would be a good idea from a crowd-pleasing perspective.

Plus an indirect statement that he cunt sing anymore while seeking life buoy from Paul’s & Blaze’s repertoire would damage his ego beyond any repair!

I've been to both RiR, and São Paulo shows. For the first time, I attended twice in the same tour, which is not that easy in a country like Brazil, where trips are long. Rock in Rio is worth the experience, but it is exhausting and even approximating the stage two hours before the show, the closer you can get is like a football field apart. I'm not willing to return there in the following years, not to see only one band.

Senjutsu was indeed a very risky opener. You can't jump during the song, the chorus is at best ok (maybe 20% of the audience sang it?). At São Paulo, after TWOTW, a guy behind me said: "now the show starts". Unfortunately, Maiden shows will always have a lot of these guys. This is why the band can't drop the "live staples". Most people in this forum dream of alternative setlists, the returning of songs that have not been played for decades, the live debut of old songs... but none are likely when it comes to Maiden. Senjutsu tour will be something like 7 Senjutsu songs, Blood Brothers, one more reunion era song (Dance of Death?), maybe POTO and 6~7 overplayed classics.

Senjutsu is a great song (probably the best post-BNW song along with Eternity) but it's an awful opener, as an opener you need something like Aces High, Moonchild or Futureal which is fast. Recent Maiden albums are too slow and drag. I don't think the audience wouldn't like it if they played rare 80s songs because all of them are good, memorable, don't drag and have more energy.

Senjutsu is a great song (probably the best post-BNW song along with Eternity) but it's an awful opener, as an opener you need something like Aces High, Moonchild or Futureal which is fast. Recent Maiden albums are too slow and drag. I don't think the audience wouldn't like it if they played rare 80s songs because all of them are good, memorable, don't drag and have more energy.
If Eternity Should Fail had almost the same tempo as Senjutsu, but it worked amazingly well as an opener during The Book Of Soul tour. "Slow" song aren't annoying me as openers if they're not too dark. An opening song has to be happier than Senjutsu to make people want to jump everywhere, to sing along and have fun. Senjutsu is like a funeral song for the people who are invaded in the lyrics... and that's how the metalheads who go to the concerts feel this song...

If Eternity Should Fail had almost the same tempo as Senjutsu, but it worked amazingly well as an opener during The Book Of Soul tour. "Slow" song aren't annoying me as openers if they're not too dark. An opening song has to be happier than Senjutsu to make people want to jump everywhere, to sing along and have fun. Senjutsu is like a funeral song for the people who are invaded in the lyrics... and that's how the metalheads who go to the concerts feel this song...

The main difference is that If Eternity Should Fail had a very exciting fast bit; Senjutsu, whilst a great heavy song, kind of plods at the same tempo all the time. Not the best possible choice for an opening song if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back