Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually didn’t get a whole lot of teasing from TBOS, though I can definitely see some of those themes of mortality/empires falling/etc. I wonder how much of it is intentional vs Steve and Bruce naturally exploring topics related to getting older. I am also curious how much of that theming is done after the fact, considering Maiden has never been very coherent or intentional with that kind of thing. I am sure since 2010 or so the business side of the Maiden camp wants to make sure that every album they release going forward could be an appropriate swan song if necessary.

I actually thought WTWWB was a more appropriate final song for Maiden than Empire. Better to end on a “classic” Harris epic than a 20 minute odyssey that is almost entirely the brainchild of Bruce imo (not to mention sounding fairly outside of Maiden’s typical wheelhouse).
Definitely not coherent, you can apply themes to reunion era Maiden albums if you have a mind to, but you have to shoehorn them in to some degree. I prefer to think of it as being vaguely in the same vein, and maybe over emphasized here and there, rather than well thought out and deliberately themed. Some things just fall into place especially well (like 'came to die in France' being the last line of the album on TBOS). Again, not sure it was set up intentionally, but it just fit, where it went.

The title track of TBOS is really the one I would venture to hang a theme on, but IESF nails the mood as well. That plain, bleak, black album cover too. It's not as obvious as calling an album The Final somethingorother, but definitely lends itself nicely to the inevitable speculation over whether it would be Maiden's last album.

Whether that's due to calling it a day, or age getting the better of one of one or more of the band's leading lights. One way or another, the writing is on the wall for Maiden. ;)

I think a lot of people are burned out from the waiting and don't want to get their hopes up to have it squashed under the boot of disappointment on the 15th.

I can understand that, given the 5 years of beers, smartphone game and so on. But the chances of this NOT being a campaign for the new album are 0%, now. We know them very well. 1 year and a half of absolute silence, and then out of the blue they fuck with our poor minds and make us jizz like dragons. They're like that. Predictable and absolutely unpredictable at the same fuckin' time.

Also, I want to underline a theory I proposed some days ago. 16th of June was the last day of them promoting on their channels any content for the smartphone game. 15 days WITHOUT any content of that: the focus is now on something WAY BIGGER --> IM17.

Another thing:
I wouldn't rely so much on a new Bruce solo album to be out any soon, my friends. I feel IM17 will have Bruce as the MVP, lyric-wise. The concept behind it all could be entirely an idea by him. Also, big chances are that another (or maybe two) song/s have been "stolen" again from his solo stuff, and Maidenized.
So he could be already ok with that, and not wanting to "risk" a new solo release, or at least not until Maiden will be around.

War of the Worlds (book by H.G. Wells)
Wind On the Water (surfing)
Watchers on the Wall (gaming)
Windows on the World (restaurant in the World Trade Center, New York)
Word of the Week
Women Of The World (website)
Writing on the Wall
Warriors of the World (online gaming group)
Worst of the Worst
Way of the Warrior (video game)
Winter of the Wolf (computer game)
Woodmen Of The World
Wanker of the Week
War of the Web (gaming)
Women on the Water
Writers of the Wind (website)
etc
etc
carry on here people
We Owe To Willcock

Will-o'-the-wisp​

Merida-gifs-merida-29938316-245-216.gif

I feel IM17 will have Bruce as the MVP, lyric-wise. The concept behind it all could be entirely an idea by him. Also, big chances are that another (or maybe two) song/s have been "stolen" again from his solo stuff, and Maidenized.
I had same thoughts. If this is the case, we're in for a treat. Just compare how freely and tasty he sings on IFESF, and how he struggles on TRATB.

Ok....I have been wongering away on the web and the Tower of Babel came up as an historical Wonder of the World.
Obviously this links in with the Gardens of Babylon and WOTW theme.
I thinks that's the link to Babel.
Wonders of the World, Gardens of Babylon --- what a great album names!!! You nailed it, imo.

If we dig deeper into the Wonders of the World concept there are seven classic wonders. They also include The Great Pyramid of Giza and the Colossus of Rhodes.
It's a rich vein of subject matter

so what was said at bbc radio 2
Album announcement 15th July, with single and video. Album out in September. Semi-concept album about old testament/book of Daniel. Nicko retires after next year. No more beers and video games, Maiden will enter studio once a year. Bruce solo album and tour later this year. Covid over. Peace on earth. England wins euro 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back