Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I find 15 new pages in this thread that were not here yesterday ... So is there any official news or official teaser about the new album ?
I don't want to read 15 pages of just speculations lol

Today I find 15 new pages in this thread that were not here yesterday ... So is there any official news or official teaser about the new album ?
Catch up here:

So, to be fair, you should read these speculations. I don't pull my wiener out and for any old news story, but my wiener has been completely in-hand reading this stuff. A lot of it really really really seems like we're pointing to an new album announcement. Grab your wieners folks! If you're a lady, then grab your wiener analogue. Whatever that is. I don't understand lady parts.

It's all speculation until there is an official announcement

So, to be fair, you should read these speculations. I don't pull my wiener out and for any old news story, but my wiener has been completely in-hand reading this stuff. A lot of it really really really seems like we're pointing to an new album announcement. Grab your wieners folks! If you're a lady, then grab your wiener analogue. Whatever that is. I don't understand lady parts.
TMI :dancinggeek:

So......potential album titles from all the clues so far?
1. Belshazzar's Feast
2. Writing On The Wall
3. The Fire's of Belshazzar
4. Tower of Babel (3 words?)
5. Fall of Babylon
6. Babylon
Actually, we've seen only the first 3 in the clues. But the other ones (given the Belshazzar's feast poster) are very likely.
I think its a great general theme for the artwork
Babylon-themed album cover would be great for sure.
It also sounds like a great career ender,
Agree. Babylon is a great theme for a title track (and for a whole concept album too).

Live Forever/Man Or Beast/Heaven Or Hell could be snippets of lyrics, yeah (lyrics from the title track, most probably). They could be titles of songs, if the album is a concept album (about Babylon?).

WOTW should be something... I mean, it is everywhere. My guess is: song title (probably for the single). Of course, there's a chance to be the title track of the album (not good title for an album imo and not very Maidenish). Belshazzar's feast is also not Maidenish, but if the album is called Babylon, the theme of the title track could be about those feast.

Spot on. Tower Of Babel (three words) is very plausible.

I just hope Eddie will not be just a face in the album cover.
Nah, they're not going to give away an album cover before details are revealed.

If this is intended to be the final Maiden album, a concept album about the fall of Babylon would be a pretty metal way to mark the end of their recording career
I don't want the final album of Maiden to be a concept album. I want their final album to explore different topics. But yeah, it would be a pretty metal way to mark their final album.
SSOASS should remain as their only concept album - maybe Bruce wants to do a better concept album than the masterpiece from 1988 (because according to Bruce, ''Seventh Son'' is only half a concept album)... he can try by finishing his solo concept album or to make Maiden do another one. :lol:

Speaking about the record in later years, however, Dickinson remarked that "we almost did [something great]", explaining that, "it was only half a concept album. There was no attempt to see it all the way through, like we really should have done. Seventh Son... has no story. It's about good and evil, heaven and hell, but isn't every Iron Maiden record?"

Why not? A double album is not that special, since the "recent" Book of Souls. You really can see how special this stuff is going to be.
It's all written on the wall Bruce's face.
You mean two separate albums (as Part 1 & 2)? Nah, Rod had suggested this for TBOS and according to Bruce that's bollocks.
Just a bit of fanboy stuff, but if this does turn out to be a Bruce heavy album, perhaps a concept one, perhaps even another double album, it probably goes a long way to explain why Bruce hasn't really been arsed with the Necropolis solo album
I still think he will release it... someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back