Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been pondering the possible subjects of new material if these are indeed hints about a new album, and it struck me that this could be their third end of the road-teasing album. (Final Frontier being one and TBOS playing around a lot with ideas of extinction and oblivion).
I actually didn’t get a whole lot of teasing from TBOS, though I can definitely see some of those themes of mortality/empires falling/etc. I wonder how much of it is intentional vs Steve and Bruce naturally exploring topics related to getting older. I am also curious how much of that theming is done after the fact, considering Maiden has never been very coherent or intentional with that kind of thing. I am sure since 2010 or so the business side of the Maiden camp wants to make sure that every album they release going forward could be an appropriate swan song if necessary.

I actually thought WTWWB was a more appropriate final song for Maiden than Empire. Better to end on a “classic” Harris epic than a 20 minute odyssey that is almost entirely the brainchild of Bruce imo (not to mention sounding fairly outside of Maiden’s typical wheelhouse).

Maybe this isn’t a new Maiden album and it’s all a tease for Bruce’s long-awaited solo album instead. The flyer drawing is of Necropolis and the stylized “B” in the email is from Bruce’s name on the cover. Bait and switch!

Maybe this isn’t a new Maiden album and it’s all a tease for Bruce’s long-awaited solo album instead. The flyer drawing is of Necropolis and the stylized “B” in the email is from Bruce’s name on the cover. Bait and switch!
Imo, not terrible outcome :ok: But IMXVII hint is hard to ignore. Belshazzar Feast tshirt is not very maidenish, though.

Last edited:
Just been pondering the possible subjects of new material if these are indeed hints about a new album, and it struck me that this could be their third end of the road-teasing album. (Final Frontier being one and TBOS playing around a lot with ideas of extinction and oblivion).

mate said the same as well as soon as he heard the phrase "writing on the wall"

There's too much smoke around the Maiden camp for this to be Bruce solo album. 15th July and everything will become clearer. The smoke will clear then.
I'm going for a Maiden double album with Tower of Babel as the title. Possibly a concept album or at least a strong Babylonian theme with Bruce as the initiator of the concept. Hopefully very heavy akin to IESF.

There's too much smoke around the Maiden camp for this to be Bruce solo album. 15th July and everything will become clearer. The smoke will clear then.
I'm going for a Maiden double album with Tower of Babel as the title. Possibly a concept album or at least a strong Babylonian theme with Bruce as the initiator of the concept. Hopefully very heavy akin to IESF.
Yeah, I can't imagine Maiden being this cryptic about a new Bruce solo album. They certainly weren't about the British Lion and Smith & Kotzen albums!

I honestly can't believe some of you here are still convinced we're not getting a Maiden album, but instead a Bruce solo album... Come on, guys.

Yeah, there's still mistery about some details.
But there's definitely the 17th studio album, most probably bible-oriented, coming by our favourite band.

I think a lot of people are burned out from the waiting and don't want to get their hopes up to have it squashed under the boot of disappointment on the 15th.

From google: The fall of Babylon; Cyrus the Great defeating the Chaldean ...
That's metal af to me :scared:
The_fall_of_Babylon;_Cyrus_the_Great_defeating_the_Chaldean_Wellcome_V0034440.jpg
Now my desktop background

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back