Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the virus spreads rapidly, things are going to get much, much worse and many more people will die because the healthcare system will be completely overwhelmed.

We have a perfect storm made much worse thanks to years of funding cuts to public health services all around the world as a result of the 2008 crisis. :mad:

Yes, but it will also mean the virus itself dies out faster. That's a straight up function of a fast spread rate, as can be seen in the linked article and the graphic's curve. Ideally we want the infection rate to slow down and spread out (obviously) but if that doesn't come to pass, it'll actually mean a tour cancellation is less likely despite the consequences in general being more harsh.
I'd prefer less harsh public health consequences and a cancelled / postponed tour rather than the alternative.

One would imagine that Iron Maiden, the concert promoters and the venues have insurance against this sort of thing.

Insurance companies probably will try and weasel out. I know Prince cancelled a big gig in Dublin a good while back and the insurance companies wouldn't pay out and the promoter ended up suing Prince.

I'd prefer less harsh public health consequences and a cancelled / postponed tour rather than the alternative.
Absolutely. I'm not commenting on that, I'm approaching this from a solely "what scenario is most likely to cancel the tour" perspective.

Could be a blessing in disguise postpone the tour and release the next album. Can the legacy tour all together and come back with a new album tour

Something worth considering with regards to the status of this tour is the support acts.

Killswitch Engage in Australia and New Zealand.
Alter Bridge, Disturbed, Airbourne and Within Temptation on various European shows.

I reckon it's highly likely that the American bands will cancel their entire summer tours in Europe. Myles Kennedy lives in Washington which is one of the worst affected areas in the US. Within Temptation are Dutch so might be able to complete their shows if they're able to go ahead.

If the support acts start dropping out it will probably be difficult to find enough bands to fill the gaps. I suppose The Raven Age will be happy to step in though. ::)

IF Maiden are forced to call the tour off it will be interesting how they proceed 2021 they 100% have a North American / South American tour in the planning as they are always a year ahead. So they would either have to scrap that tour and push it into 2022 or scrap the European tour and proceed with NA fun times for Rod

they would have to also make the call to push back the album release by a year for legacy 2021 or scrap that tour all together and proceed with an album tour instead .

I really can’t see the tour going forward at the moment. I honestly thought that this would be the retirement tour for Nicko and the release the album in the autumn. Who knows how the next few years will pan out for the band.

If I had to choose whether they have to move the tourdates to further till 2021, then I would sincerely hope that they scrap the whole concept of LOTB. The idead of whole added 3rd leg was a bit too much since they haven't done thing like this too usual (ME was also spread to three years: 2012,2013,2014).
So, if there's going to be cancellation of whole tour or most dates, I hope that the next tour is happening next year and make it new album-tour instead. I will go to see them anyways, but I've seen LOTB couple times and have tickets for Tampere already, which Im affraid will be cancelled.
Maybe this thing, corona, was some sort of divine intervention to prove it to Rod, that they shouldn't have necessarily add 3rd leg to this tour. This last one was only joke but..still I had to write it here.

If I had to choose whether they have to move the tourdates to further till 2021, then I would sincerely hope that they scrap the whole concept of LOTB. The idead of whole added 3rd leg was a bit too much since they haven't done thing like this too usual (ME was also spread to three years: 2012,2013,2014).
So, if there's going to be cancellation of whole tour or most dates, I hope that the next tour is happening next year and make it new album-tour instead. I will go to see them anyways, but I've seen LOTB couple times and have tickets for Tampere already, which Im affraid will be cancelled.
Maybe this thing, corona, was some sort of divine intervention to prove it to Rod, that they shouldn't have necessarily add 3rd leg to this tour. This last one was only joke but..still I had to write it here.

My exact thoughts.

Local radio in nz just pulled a competition give away for the upcoming show guess they know something we all don't officially yet lol
They don't have to know anything, but with the uncertainty it would be a bad idea to give away concert tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back