Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all depends on what happens next month.

But there is still a possibility they reschedule Australia/Oceania/Asia to fall and cancel the European leg, which would be logical, since they already toured LOTB in Europe.

An interesting scenario, but I wanna believe the whole tour (incl. European leg) will be completed as usual.

But there is still a possibility they reschedule Australia/Oceania/Asia to fall and cancel the European leg, which would be logical, since they already toured LOTB in Europe.

They'd be sued by the promoters if they did that. They could certainly reschedule dates, but it won't be at the expense of cancelations for other dates.

The only way I see Maiden cancelling shows on their own accord is if authorities cancel so many shows that launching the tour doesn't make any sense anymore for whatever gigs remain.

They'd be sued
image.jpg

Bazza is your man for this.

At this stage I think it is highly unlikely the 2020 tour is going to happen at all...

I agree on this. Im pretty sure that if they were forced by the going things and have to cancel some shows or that many shows enough, there's no point in doing this one at all.
Everything can change within the next 1½ and 2 months or so but I somehow found myself being pretty sceptical over this whole thing now.
As much as I would like to see them again this summer..I might have to prepare myself for the possible cancellation soon.
Then the next thing I would like them to do is cancel the whole tour, reschelude the whole thing and instead of going for LOTB-leg next year launch completely new album tour instead. I don't see much point in doing half tour anyways.

They'd be sued by the promoters if they did that. They could certainly reschedule dates, but it won't be at the expense of cancelations for other dates.

If the authorities prohibit mass events, they won't be. For example, if the events are prohibited around the world until August, they could still reschedule that part of the tour for September/October.

It all depends on situation.

If the authorities prohibit mass events, they won't be. For example, if the events are prohibited around the world until August, they could still reschedule that part of the tour for September/October.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you meant cancel the European gigs altogether, i.e. no rescheduling.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you meant cancel the European gigs altogether, i.e. no rescheduling.

Europe might be canceled, since it's unlikely they'll do stadium shows in fall.

Australia has spring during our fall, so it's possible to reschedule the shows to then. Europe can be postponed for a month and a half max...

If the European leg gets postponed I think they will try again next summer. It's the only time for festivals and outdoor shows.

They could postpone it longer than that, I still have Ozzy and Priest tickets for a gig that was originally supposed to take place in Jan 2019 :lol:

If they do that... I'll be fuming. Maiden's sands of time are slowly running low.

Honestly, if the situation doesn't resolve within a month or so, I think a tour cancellation could be a real concern. Right now it's still too far out to predict anything so drastic, but if things are still dire in April, then I feel like they'll be forced to make the call on whether to risk it or just postpone/cancel just to be safe. If covid-19 follows the typical pattern, it'll die out in the summer and flare up again next fall so rescheduling gigs to the fall season isn't a silver bullet either.

I don't think doom and gloom at this stage is really smart though. If the virus spreads at a rapid pace it'll likely die out sooner, meaning a summer tour is still perfectly doable. But if the threat stays looming things might get a bit difficult.

I don't think doom and gloom at this stage is really smart though. If the virus spreads at a rapid pace it'll likely die out sooner, meaning a summer tour is still perfectly doable. But if the threat stays looming things might get a bit difficult.
If the virus spreads rapidly, things are going to get much, much worse and many more people will die because the healthcare system will be completely overwhelmed.

If the virus spreads rapidly, things are going to get much, much worse and many more people will die because the healthcare system will be completely overwhelmed.

Yes, but it will also mean the virus itself dies out faster. That's a straight up function of a fast spread rate, as can be seen in the linked article and the graphic's curve. Ideally we want the infection rate to slow down and spread out (obviously) but if that doesn't come to pass, it'll actually mean a tour cancellation is less likely despite the consequences in general being more harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back