Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought about that too getting the band all together in one place pre tour rehearsals will be a nightmare lol , due to land in Australia in 6 weeks I can't see it

Im affraid, really affraid this is it then. There's no way that they can do the whole tour..maybe European dates, but we don't know if the authorities will push the dates further to the summer endangering all the possible concerts and festival-gatherings etc. I bet Rod is already writing down some announcement for 2021.

If the tour gets cancelled, Maiden could stream their private liveshow from the rehearsal-place.
Perhaps, then they could also perform something that no-one was expecting as added little bonus..Empire Of The Clouds etc.
Impossible. Bruce lives in Paris, Steve in the Bahamas, Dave in Hawaii, Nicko in Florida. Adrian is currently in the Cook Islands and fuck knows where Janick is.

My only concern now is safety of whole band and the crew. We don't know how this virus can affect someone who had cancer in the past, guys are in high risk group sooo... I hope they stay at home.

Sadly this also means that last years of Maiden will be quite hard for the fans.

I agree. Best to stay safe and alive. I've seen some really stupid comments on the internet, where for example one was furious for the closure of local swimming bath last week. Sometimes those people fail to realize (due to their own ocd about doing exercises) that they are really not caring of their health and lives at all.

If the pandemic has peaked in Europe before May, and travel restrictions etc start to get lifted, then maybe the European leg will proceed. But with the current uncertainty I don't see it likely.

If the pandemic has peaked in Europe before May, and travel restrictions etc start to get lifted, then maybe the European leg will proceed. But with the current uncertainty I don't see it likely.
Lifting restrictions so soon would be stupid. It takes 10 infected people to start this whole shit again. To be honest I'm not expecting any changes before September.

Lifting restrictions so soon would be stupid. It takes 10 infected people to start this whole shit again. To be honest I'm not expecting any changes before September.
I don't know. This does perhaps belong more in the virus thread, but here goes.

There are several factors impacting when restrictions should be lifted (in part or fully).
- When many people have already had the virus, the spread to the rest is likely to be slower.
- In many countries, the focus is to avoid a "peak virus" so massive the healthcare system can't handle it. After some time the capacity may have been beefed up so that it can handle more Covid-19 cases.
- The restrictions on everyday life impact all sides of society and comes with a cost. In the long run, people may suffer because of this, not just economically but socially. Health may also be affected.

In my opinion, if it is not possible to completely stop the virus outbreak in a country, the restrictions should be severe enough to keep the number of cases down to a manageable level - so that people don't end up dying due to a lack of capacity in healthcare - but they shouldn't be more severe than that.

I think it is already out of the question in most countries in Europe to completely choke the pandemic. Too many people are now contagious without knowing it. And I can't see society returning completely to normal on this side of the summer, so I do agree with your expectations. And I don't think the tour will happen :(

Yeah, that was my point. Im not expecting any worldwide tour from maiden before December. Probably I'm wrong but worst situation in Europe will be around April - May, then decline for two months. If the governments are reasonable they will hold quarantines for another month or two to be sure that everything is safe and there is no risk of another big outbreak. So my safe bet for any tour plans is end of September. But then many shows will be fighting for same timeslots and this may delay some tours.

Either way - I'm not believing that this thing will be done by April like some suggests so I'm pretty sure that this tour will be cancelled or will be changed in some major way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back