Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had kind of a sad fantasy of how this could involve Maiden retiring. I'll put it in spoilers in case the idea bothers anyone too much.
The LOTB tour ends and some time later, Maiden release a huge album over 3 hours long and give it away to everyone as a thank you and also make a an announcement that they will not be touring for the album and will be retiring instead. And because of that, they want to leave the fans with something to really remember them by. Again this is just a fantasy and I'm quite sure it won't happen this way.

I had kind of a sad fantasy of how this could involve Maiden retiring. I'll put it in spoilers in case the idea bothers anyone too much.
The LOTB tour ends and some time later, Maiden release a huge album over 3 hours long and give it away to everyone as a thank you and also make a an announcement that they will not be touring for the album and will be retiring instead. And because of that, they want to leave the fans with something to really remember them by. Again this is just a fantasy and I'm quite sure it won't happen this way.

This theory was pretty much debunked by Bruce in a recent interview (the one from Argentina), where he said that Maiden will keep touring if they can.

The answer to (almost) every question is: money.

So... if you were an internationally-beloved legacy band with a worldwide audience demo that veared significantly older, how would you maximize new album revenue? Would you do it Millenial-style with a "surprise" album drop & push for downloads, or would you rely on an old-fashioned, long-burn media / hype campaign to activate Boomers, etc. & ensure you spike the global charts whenever you debut?

Could be something to do with "damn Millenials" getting derided and blamed for literally everything by the older generations for several years?
True enough, I disregard those arguments as well. But aren't "boomers" like 60-70 years old now anyway? They aren't the ones on the web decrying millenials, are they?

Yeah both ways it's really an overly broad characterisation. I'm the same in that there's certain phrases I read in conversations that instantly make me think "this person is a total fucking moron so I'm not even going to bother"

Yeah both ways it's really an overly broad characterisation. I'm the same in that there's certain phrases I read in conversations that instantly make me think "this person is a total fucking moron so I'm not even going to bother"
I'm glad I'm not the only one then. Certain words like boomer or millenial, along with shit like "chud" or "sjw" are words that tell me it's not going to be worth my time. I hate to generalize like that, but i'm not a fan of just latching onto any word floating on the net and applying it universally to everything I don't like.

This theory was pretty much debunked by Bruce in a recent interview (the one from Argentina), where he said that Maiden will keep touring if they can.
I definitely love hearing that! I'm hoping that Bruce and Steve writing songs longer than normal(The Red ATB and Empire OTC) has inspired them to do more of the same. Imagine if they got together with Janick on a huge epic over 20 minutes! Or even something like that where everyone helps to write it. More fun fantasizing!

Last edited:
But yeah, wasn't really necessary in Dueces comment.
Eh?

First of all, I'm Gen-X, baby! (The forgotten, sucky generation.) Second of all, if you were focusing on the word "Boomer" or "Millennial" you were missing my point: If IM's goal is to maximize publicity for a new album, monetize its potential & activate IM's specific audience, what would be the smartest biz strategy?

If you're a 20something pop star with a huge online following, sure, drop a surprise album/song, reward your followers, blow-up Social Media for half-a-week, score a ton of downloads, and maybe get a big boost in radio play, complete with corporate / commercial tie-in. It's an effective strategy in our digital age. And a year-or-so from now, do it again. Stay current. Don't fade. That's the life of a pop star.

Ok?

But this strategy wouldn't be right for IM, because their target audience & expectations are simply different. For IM, it is less about "surprise" & more about stoking anticipation. I mean, if you're releasing one new album every 5 years... make it a big f'n deal! You WANT the anticipation. You WANT your audience to salivate. You WANT them to speculate. You WANT a big build-up from legacy media.

Nothing personal against Boomers or Millennials. It's just... money.

Remember samurai on christmas card? And URTON2015? = 2015 tour start in Japan

They were ninjas. And yeah, turns out they had nothing to do with the album whatsoever. But will people learn their lesson from that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back