365 Albums In One Year

110/365
Judaspainkiller.JPG

Painkiller - Judas Priest
Format: CD/Digital

Painkiller - A killer drum intro kicks off the title track, Rob sings unbelievably high, this track is amazing super fast, at times the high vocals get somewhat grating but the track is a masterpiece - 10/10

Hell Patrol - Keeping with the theme of drum heavy intros, the second track has Halford singing in a lower tone than Painkiller, before letting loose a killer scream that is. The slower vocal with the fast paced instruments both works and doesn't at the same time. A really strong track overall -9/10

All Guns Blazing - High pitched singing from Halford introduces the next track, the band comes in soon after. The onslaught from the previous two tracks continues. A strong track just not quite on par with them. - 8.5/10

Leather Rebel - The speed assault continues with track number 4, Leather Rebel kicks off with a speedy riff, the drums sound a little like a drum machine on this track . The drum sound on this track doesn't work for me but the guitar work and Vocals are solid - 8/10

Metal Meltdown - What would be side 1 closes off with a track featuring a guitar solo intro, the band comes in with a fury, Rob is letting loose some incredibly high vocals once again. Slightly weak chorus but strong nonetheless - 8.5/10

Night Crawler - A solid track, all the tracks thus far have been good throughout just few have been outright amazing - 8.5/10

Between The Hammer & The Anvil - Kicking off with a nice intro, the drums sound much less like a machine now. Halford comes in with a killer scream and the song feels more alive in a sense. - 9/10

A Touch Of Evil - Beginning with tolling bells, a nice riff comes in and the band delivers a solid track - 8.5/10

Battle Hymn - A short instrumental piece, don't see the point of it but it isn't bad - 7/10

One Shot At Glory - The final track kicks off quickly, Halford sings quite well. Drums are fairly consistent throughout. Chorus isn't super strong but it is a good song. - 8.5/10

Overall 85%

A very consistent album, not one that I think I'll come back to often but a strong one nonetheless.

111/365
Perfect_Timing.jpg

Perfect Timing - McAuley Schenker Group

Gimme Your Love - A solid riff begins the opening track to the new version of MSG, Robin McAuley delivers some amazing vocals. Schenker plays fairly well overall - 8.5/10

Here Today - Gone Tomorrow - This track keeps an upbeat pace from the previous track, this track features some poppier vocals, overall it is a decent track - 7.5/10

Don't Stop Me Now - Another track that isn't bad just not great, it has some nice moments but it remains decent. - 7.5/10

No Time For Losers - A strong riff introduces the 4th track, Robin lets out a short high note and the speed remains. Once again some strong moments. - 8/10

Follow The Night - A moodier track, overall a solid one - 8/10

Get Out - A really cool riff introduces track 6, Robin sings quickly. Another solid track - 8/10

Love Is Not A Game - An amazing track Live it kicks ass and the song as a whole is great. The energy of this track is much higher than the rest of the album thus far. - 9/10

Time - A solid ballad of sorts, Robin's vocals have been really strong throughout the album, having the right amount of rasp naturally. Another solid track - 8/10

I Don't Wanna Lose - More of the same - 7.5/10

Rock Til' You're Crazy - The album closes off with another song that is just decent. At least it is consistent - 7.5/10

Overall 79%

112/365
Too_Fast.jpg

Too Fast For Love - Motley Crue
Format: Vinyl

Live Wire - The debut album opens up with a quick riff from Mick and soon after Tommy comes in with his drums and Vince comes in singing, this track isn't amazing but it definitely is a stronger Crue track - 8.5/10

Come On And Dance - A decent track nothing too special here - 7/10

Public Enemy #1 - Transitioning from the previous track a nice guitar solo but this track remains okay at best.- 7.5/10

Merry Go-Round - A calmer and boring track - 6.5/10

Take Me To The Top - A stronger track, Mick Mars delivers some great licks - 8.5/10

Piece Of Your Action - Another nice riff introduces side 2, another decent track - 7.5/10

Starry Eyes - Beginning with a slow drum beat but it is fairly boring. - 7/10

Too Fast For Love - A decent song - 7.5/10

On With The Show - A solid track closes off the album -8/10

Overall 76%

113/365
Metallica_-_...And_Justice_for_All_cover.jpg

...And Justice For All - Metallica

Blackened - A pleasant intro is soon transitioned into some heavy and fast guitar work, instrumentally this song is solid. James vocals don't do too much for me overall. But the song is fairly strong - 8.5/10

...And Justice For All - A calm guitar intro begins with intervals of heavier sections, the intro is nice but it begins to feel its length just before James comes in, overall a track that could have been cut down a little but is solid nonetheless - 8.5/10

Eye Of The Beholder - A fade in intro with a really nice riff kicks off side 2, James comes in and the song overall is solid - 8/10

One - A song which needs no introduction, great piece of music - 10/10

The Shortest Straw - A heavy intro kicks off side 3 not really a fan of this track - 7.5/10

Harvester Of Sorrow - Another solid track nothing amazing but not bad by any means - 8/10

The Frayed Ends Of Sanity - About the same as the rest of the album, better than many of the tracks thus far about on par with the first two - 9/10

To Live Is To Die - An acoustic intro leads into the longest track on the album, a very long but dynamic introduction takes place, eventually Cliff Burton delivers a spoken word section. -8/10

Dyers Eve - Blending into the previous track honestly felt like the two tracks were one long track. A strong ending but not amazing - 8/10

Overall 84%

114/365
InTranceCensored.jpg

In Trance - Scorpions

Dark Lady - The album kicks off with a killer track, amazing guitar work Uli and Klaus trade off on vocals, the killer screams from Klaus fit the song perfectly an absolutely amazing early masterpiece from the Scorpions - 10/10

In Trance - Following up the amazing opener is the powerful atmospheric title track, a great display of the diversity the Scorpions had early on in their career. Another amazing track through and through. Killer Solo by Roth. - 10/10

Life's Like A River - A great guitar breakdown followed by a crying guitar introduces a somber ballad. In Trance is a dark album, this track is no different, with some fluctuation between dark and upbeat takes part in this track. Klaus sings amazingly. Roth and Schenker deliver great riffs. - 10/10

Top Of The Bill - The most straightforwards track on the album thus far. A heavy riff with some nice vocals of a band wanting to make the big time. A strong track but not on par with the 3 masterpieces from before - 9.5/10

Living And Dying - A mini epic, back to the dark and brooding feeling. Another really strong track - 10/10

Robot Man - A fun and fast paced track, some nice guitar work, Klaus sings really well overall. A strong track - 9.5/10

Evening Wind - An incredibly beautiful and sorrowful ballad. The guitar work from Roth is unreal, so happy Klaus put his foot down and said he was singing this song instead of Roth - 10/10

Sun In My Hand - A track where Roth's singing doesn't work... Instrumentally a great track. Overall this track would be way better without Uli on vocals - 8/10

Longing For Fire - Another short and fun rock track. Harmonies on this track are nice. Overall a fun track with some great soloing from Roth. - 9/10

Night Lights - Closing off the album is a slower instrumental piece by Roth, the somber feeling from the album is present here. A great way to close off an amazing album - 9.5/10

Overall 96%

...And Justice For All - A calm guitar intro begins with intervals of heavier sections, the intro is nice but it begins to feel its length just before James comes in, overall a track that could have been cut down a little but is solid nonetheless - 8.5/10
If you haven’t already, check out the Seattle ‘88 live version from Live Shit. It takes a fairly great track and turns it into an amazing one.

115/365
Led_Zeppelin_-_Led_Zeppelin_%281969%29_front_cover.png

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin

Good Times Bad Times - A strong drum/guitar intro leads into a mid paced track with an amazing solo. What a way to kick off a debut - 10/10

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - A powerful ballad absolutely amazing, this is easily the best song on the album and Robert can still kill this track live. - 10/10

You Shook Me - An interesting intro with a high pitched guitar and some harmonica, mid paced, and very diverse, this track doesn't click for me but the band is trying so much. - 7.5/10

Dazed And Confused - The dark and moody Dazed and Confused closes off the first side of the album, another absolute masterpiece from Zeppelin. The guitar solo and screams are great - 10/10

Your Time Is Gonna Come - A keys heavy intro kicks off side 2, drums soon come in and eventually Robert and Jimmy, a cecent track overall, shows the bands solid harmonies but it isn't anything amazing - 8/10

Black Mountain Side - Transitioning in during the fading outro from the previous track is a Zeppelin instrumental piece, while I'm not a huge instrumental fan this one is fairly short and is a pleasant one in general -8.5/10

Communication Breakdown - Picking up the pace again is another of Zeppelins short but punchy rockers. Another amazing track through and through. - 10/10

I Can't Quit You Babe - An early bluesy number, this track captures the pure variety that Zeppelin were capable of at this time - 9/10

How Many More Times - The final track of the album transitions seamlessly from the previous track, a nice groove caused by the band and Robert sings nicely over it all. Overall a solid track - 8.5/10

Overall 91%

Seeing as I just got another Maiden record on vinyl I should probably listen to the one I had previous bought but didn't get a chance to listen to yet...

116/365
Iron_Maiden_Killers.jpg

Killers - Iron Maiden

The Ides Of March - A short instrumental piece introduces the album, a nice guitar solo occurs in the instrumental - 8/10

Wrathchild - The classic song replacement song. Wrathchild is short and effective, holding the punk aspects from the previous album in this solid punchy rocker. - 9/10

Murders In The Rue Morgue - A slower intro opens the next track some nice guitar work in this intro. Drums soon pick up the pace and Paul comes in singing at high speeds once again. Very punk feeling on this track vocally but the band is clearly transitioning towards what they would become with Dickinson. A solid track - 8/10

Another Life - A drum intro leads into another quick paced track. Another solid track, vocally not very strong but instrumentally great - 8/10

Genghis Khan - Another instrumental piece, there is a nice groove to this track, overall another solid track - 8/10

Innocent Exile - Side 1 closes with another track that isn't great but isn't bad either - 7.5/10

Killers - A bass heavy intro kicks off the title track and side 2, picking up the pace quite a bit from the intro, not a mind blowing track but definitely a much stronger one than most the album thus far. - 9/10

Prodigal Son - A much calmer sounding song follows up the title track, while it is closest to Strange World and Remember Tomorrow from the debut it doesn't work nearly as well as those two - 7.5/10

Purgatory - Another short rocker, the high powered Purgatory features Paul singing stupidly fast. Nice riffs but the sheer speed is a little bit of a deterrent. The slower section isn't quite as strong as the faster section but this track is solid - 8.5/10

Drifter - The final track that Paul is featured on begins with a nice scream from the singer. Fairly heavy and strong throughout - 8.5/10

Overall 82%

My guy is telling me I ranked it too high for your likings, but then again I know I ranked Seventh Son well below what the typical Maiden fan would like

Yes, agreed. SSOASS is a 10/10 album all the way through. Half of Killers is below 5/10 in quality. It's recycled, repetitive, and uninspired. The title track, Murders, and Wrathchild are all-time classics, the rest is filler at best.

Back