Short-answer questions

As for the NPFTD cover I think both are ok (I prefer the skeletal ground and Eddie's eyes on the remake but it seems too empty without the grave robber). Nevertheless there was an illustration from that period that would fit the name of the album quite nicely and is way better IMO:

0e1ccf9f96266c19b9d0b8697645046b.jpg

As for the NPFTD cover I think both are ok (I prefer the skeletal ground and Eddie's eyes on the remake but it seems too empty without the grave robber). Nevertheless there was an illustration from that period that would fit the name of the album quite nicely and is way better IMO:
Yep I agree, I've seen this one in the Metal Hammer magazine for the first time and I thought the same as you. I suppose that the band tried with this cover, but in some way they prefered the other one.
Anyway I think Derek was tired of drawing the same character. Holy Smoke, Bring your Daughter and No Prayer on the Road Eddies are a bit lame, while this one, tailgunner and the alternative Bring your daughter (Eddie ripper) are better done. I read sometime in 92 that someone from the band talks about the new eddie (Fear of the Dark) and he said something like Eddie started to being too much friendly and they wanted a more evil Eddie.

I found something about in maidenrevelations.com
Maiden and Sweden clearly get on like a house on fire, but when discussing gigs on this tour there’s a giant elephant in the room: The great Doug Hall is no longer in charge of Maiden’s front-of-house, and there has been widespread criticism of below-par sound quality throughout the tour. Truth or myth?

The sound where I stood was not critically bad, but some issues are obvious. The general sound level seems a little low for such a huge arena, and the guitars are sorely missing in the mix, with even the solos sometimes being hard to discern. Nicko’s drums are booming and present throughout, but Steve’s bass (of all things) go missing with regularity. There’s something weird about hearing the intro to The Clairvoyantwithout actually feeling the bass in your gut…

Yes, this is an issue. There is no reason why the best band in the world should not have the best sound in the world. It’s been an ongoing complaint since the first gig of 2012, and over a year later I have to agree – the sound lets the band down, and is also a lot less than the fans deserve.

Last edited:
Real talk, Doug Hall retired after TFF tour. After that Martin Walker took over for ME and TBOS tours and the sound went to shit.

Now Pooch is at the desk and the band, especially drums, sound better than ever.

The Vinyl TNOTB and the CD version of it are different lenghts, I've honestly not noticed this before today. What caused this 30 second difference in time?

The Vinyl TNOTB and the CD version of it are different lenghts, I've honestly not noticed this before today. What caused this 30 second difference in time?

Which vinyl and cd versions?

My guess without knowing which versions you are talking about is that one would have the spoken word intro and one doesn't. However, the only version I know that has that is the so called "Priceless Edit" from the promo single from the mid 2000's re-release of the single.

My guess without knowing which versions you are talking about is that one would have the spoken word intro and one doesn't. However, the only version I know that has that is the so called "Priceless Edit" from the promo single from the mid 2000's re-release of the single.
Another hypothesis (without knowing either) would be that one version misses the Patrick McGoohan bit.

Real talk, Doug Hall retired after TFF tour. After that Martin Walker took over for ME and TBOS tours and the sound went to shit.

Now Pooch is at the desk and the band, especially drums, sound better than ever.

Someone (long time fan club member, the type of person who sometimes gets inside information) posted over at the official forum that Doug was sacked for not keeping his mouth shut, but I do not know if there is any truth in that.

As far as I am concerned, long may Pooch be in charge of the FOH sound.

Someone (long time fan club member, the type of person who sometimes gets inside information) posted over at the official forum that Doug was sacked for not keeping his mouth shut, but I do not know if there is any truth in that.

As far as I am concerned, long may Pooch be in charge of the FOH sound.
That seems strange, if you fire a long time FOH guy, if he blabbers up something instantly. Also Maiden were pretty open about what they were going to do next in those days. From Ed Hunter to Maiden England Bruce almost always mentioned what's coming next. They even uploaded a video of Dave reading the set for ME tour during the rehearsals FFS.

Back