Short-answer questions

Ah, It's a bad album, definitely the worst and features the worst song (DLTTEOAS) and a few more in the bottom ten of all time. But there's nothing specifically wrong with them releasing it. They went in and recorded an album, gave everything they had at the time, and it was just shit. I'm talking about morals or lack there of.
I think all that songs except The Clansman could be as a bsides like they did with the extra songs from the x factor. You can include virus in that fictional bsides album.
I would have liked to see the face of the illustrator, Mark Wilkinson I think, when Steve says I want a kid and a football pitch…and I want you cut the logo letters…he should have thought, this man has gone crazy!

Ah, It's a bad album, definitely the worst and features the worst song (DLTTEOAS) and a few more in the bottom ten of all time. But there's nothing specifically wrong with them releasing it. They went in and recorded an album, gave everything they had at the time, and it was just shit. I'm talking about morals or lack there of.
You have me there. Different kettles of fish, indeed.
In terms of fixing something that wasn't broken, I asked Bruce why they changed the logo and he said "why do your teeth grow? Next question."*

*Context - I submitted the question to Kerrang! magazine as part of a reader Q&A with Steve and Bruce in 99 or 2000.
My initial reaction was "get fucked, Dickinson, the question wasn't directed at you." That initial reaction lives on to this day.

It was a longer version, along the lines of "Maiden never follow trends yet you changed the logo after others had done the same, Metallica and Megadeth and someone else, please explain."
I was hoping for an answer of substance.

I can't find Maiden albums on their channel on Youtube without VPN, but with French VPN I can find all of their videos. Why the fuck is Maiden blocking their videos in some countries?

Without VPN I can only find music videos like TNOTB and Aces High, Live Chapter, Death Or Glory Live type of videos, and some boring stuff like thanks for the great tour, beer or book videos. With VPN I can also find studio and live albums and some other things.

I have a couple of questions on topics that the rest of the internet doesn't seem very interested in:

1) Who are the girls in the video for "Holy Smoke"? (I'm sure they were someone in particular - there used to be a clip on YouTube where the band members talked about making that video, but I can't find it anymore)
2) Where were the sleeve photos for "Fear of the Dark" taken?

Any ideas anyone?

Question two has been discussed (& answered) on this forum before. Have a search...

EDIT: Found it! :ok:
https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/fear-of-the-darks-booklet-outside-photos.35238/#post-571097
Thanks. That seems to identify the intact building (which, to be honest, I hadn't really noticed before!) and some of the interior shots, but it was the completely dilapidated ruin I was really interested in. I know that Margam Castle has a ruined abbey somewhere in the grounds (or nearby) but that doesn't look like it either. Oh well ...

Thanks for answer though :).

Further to the above, I think I may actually have found it myself. Anyone else think this looks plausible?
16097977.jpg
Iron_Maiden-Fear_Of_The_Dark-Interior_Frontal.jpg

Carreg-Cennen-otw%C3%B3r-strzelczy-33.jpg

lineup1992_janick.jpg

It's Carreg Cennen Castle :).

I have a couple of questions on topics that the rest of the internet doesn't seem very interested in:

1) Who are the girls in the video for "Holy Smoke"? (I'm sure they were someone in particular - there used to be a clip on YouTube where the band members talked about making that video, but I can't find it anymore)
2) Where were the sleeve photos for "Fear of the Dark" taken?

Any ideas anyone?

Weren't the Holy Smoke wimmin mates of Steve's (then-)wife? Seem to remember reading that in Kerrang or Metal Hammer at the time.

Weren't the Holy Smoke wimmin mates of Steve's (then-)wife? Seem to remember reading that in Kerrang or Metal Hammer at the time.
The same women that handle with Martin Birch? Lucky bastard…lol
What about the women that appears with the band with madness letters in their tits? Sorry I can't find the photo

Back