Short-answer questions

It is strange and hard Matic. But not new.

The Arjen Lucassen with Bruce album did not happen after Smallwood/Bruce camp found out Lucassen had told about it to some fan. That was very hard for Lucassen as well. Drastic.

Roy Z dd not give the slightest hint about Bruce album sessions. The drums were recorded. Shirley is often vague about his work with Maiden before/during studio time. Although he did a studio diary in 2010.

It is strange and hard Matic. But not new.

The Arjen Lucassen with Bruce album did not happen after Smallwood/Bruce camp found out Lucassen had told about it to some fan. That was very hard for Lucassen as well. Drastic.

Roy Z dd not give the slightest hint about Bruce album sessions. The drums were recorded. Shirley is often vague about his work with Maiden before/during studio time. Although he did a studio diary in 2010.

Well, yeah... But neither Roy nor Arjen worked with Maiden for 30 years. That's quite a difference.

I've seen in Kevin Shirley's outdated website that there is something that worked for Maiden and it's called "Amosw (Not scheduled yet)" belongs to a period of time between A matter of Life and Death and The Final Frontier albums. Can someone tell me what it is about?

Thanks to both of you. It's true, it's alphabetical order. Oh Donnington, I remember the streaming. Why would they decide to don't release it?

There were a lot of flags in the crowd obscuring the long shots and I think the vocals cut out at one point. Bruce also fell during 'Wrathchild' which was hilarious. I was there but couldn't see it.

What does AMOSW stand for then? A Matter of Something Wicked? :confused:

A Matter Of Summer Warmth
:p

(Joke)

A Matter of Snow White?
A Matter of Steve Warris (he's like the Wario version of Steve)?
A Matter of Swapping Wrathchild?

Not the best gig. There is feedback during BTATS, Bruce falls, TNOTB intro failing etc...
And much too much daylight, which spoils the lightshow, and rather average camera work and editing (referring to this:
). Besides, some might say the setlist is not the most interesting, but that's subjective (although I'm not fond of AMOLAD, I'd rather have had the opportunity to watch it live in its entirety).

I also wish they would re-edit Live At Donington entirely (out of the rushes), but the realist in me tends to doubt it.

Last edited:

All fans (at least those who were on Arjen's mailing list). ;)

Apparently Rod went mad as he did mot know anything about the project and had a go at Bruce, who felt Arjen had betrayed their agreement to keep everything secret (even from Rod).

A shame, as that could have been a great side project.

He also revealed in an interview that he was going to do an album with Bruce. At least some of the riffs ended up on Space metal

It should probably be noted that AMOSW (whatever it stands for) was likely supposed to feature the full AMOLAD setlist from 2006 (or at least the songs that weren't played at Donington) because Steve was seen mixing one of those songs in the footage included in Flight 666. Given the mix was completed I think it's possible it might re-emerge as a live album after the band stops active touring, included in some sort of rarities release maybe.

e: Apparently he did a new 5.1/2.0 mix of Live at Donington too. I never knew that. It makes sense but I'm surprised it was completely buried. I guess the idea was to release it after Maiden England (or maybe the 2014 leg was supposed to bring in more 90s songs or something) but I assume it was scrapped due to low interest for that period from both the band and most of the fanbase.

I'm going to get slightly conspiratorial here and suggest that no video from AMOLAD tour has nothing to do with the quality of the video itself. I don't think they realized how huge the SBIT tour was going to be. Up until that point, the nostalgia tours were short stop-gaps between albums and they never released DVDs or live albums from them. They also waited to release Death on the Road until after the Early Days tour. I'm guessing they were planning something similar (the Flight 666 footage shows that something was being worked on while they were on tour) but then decided to ride the nostalgia wave instead for an extra year before moving forward with the next album.

Back