Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

Or you can say that room is quite similar to the one in Holy Smoke video (I didn't check the video, but this was first thing in my mind when I saw this picture :D ).

This bass is hideous. The headstock is just cherry on top.
True, but I don't know when Steve acquired the house (I suspect it was after World Slavery tour)

Also, could it be that Dave used that Mesa Boogie on some of the solos on NPFTD/FOTD? I always tought that his sound got somehow more smooth during that period... I contributed that to the CAR Jackson with Duncans, but now that I see that Boogie...

Or you can say that room is quite similar to the one in Holy Smoke video (I didn't check the video, but this was first thing in my mind when I saw this picture :D ).

This bass is hideous. The headstock is just cherry on top.

Well, TBH, I was never a fan of Adrian's Lados (let alone that hideous bass of Steve's), especially the gray burst one. The black one as a whole looked much better. And those strange ugly Rockinger tremolos... In addition the Les Paul sounds so much better on Live After Death (but that guitar is so magical that no other guitar of H's comes close to it sound-wise IMO, except maybe the new Black LP Standard he bought in 2017).

I'm sure this video has been posted before. But if Dave is using a separate power amp and pre amp what exactly is the JCM 2000 being used for?
As a power amp. Signal comes from the rack to the FX return port of the JCM 2000. The rack-mount power amps aren't used.

Dave briefly used JVM410's during TBOS tour (as does H since 2013), but he has since switched back to JMP-1's, which were modified by Voodoo Amps.

Anythings possible :D

But I think the mesa is Jan's. :)

Also, could it be that Dave used that Mesa Boogie on some of the solos on NPFTD/FOTD? I always tought that his sound got somehow more smooth during that period... I contributed that to the CAR Jackson with Duncans, but now that I see that Boogie...

True, but I don't know when Steve acquired the house (I suspect it was after World Slavery tour)

I've found some sources stating the use of Mesa Boogie amps along with Marshall amps going back as far as Powerslave era. But it is known that Janick is a long time user of Mesa Boogie amps, so they could definitely have been used on NPFTD and FOTD.

I too, would like to be a long time user of Mesa Boogie amps.

I too, would like to be a long time user of Mesa Boogie amps.
I've always been under the impression they're okay when you have someone dedicated to working on them when things go wrong, but hellish if you don't and lack a spare.

I've always been under the impression they're okay when you have someone dedicated to working on them when things go wrong, but hellish if you don't and lack a spare.

I think they are probably used mostly by Janick in studio, as Janick is known to having included Mesa Boogie studio preamps in his gear. Recording and mixing three guitarists is not an easy task. Music producers generally recommend recording guitar parts with different guitars and amps to avoid frequency conflicts during the mix stage. So I think Janick probably uses/used Mesa Boogies to avoid this as Adrian and Dave use to play through Marshalls.

I think they are probably used mostly by Janick in studio, as Janick is known to having included Mesa Boogie studio preamps in his gear. Recording and mixing three guitarists is not an easy task. Music producers generally recommend recording guitar parts with different guitars and amps to avoid frequency conflicts during the mix stage. So I think Janick probably uses/used Mesa Boogies to avoid this as Adrian and Dave use to play through Marshalls.

Don't think this is the case, since Jan's tone sounds the most Marshally of all three. As far as I know, live he only uses that Mesa Studio preamp during HBTN and FOTD solos. Also, on that picture, I think that's Davey's gear.

Don't think this is the case, since Jan's tone sounds the most Marshally of all three. As far as I know, live he only uses that Mesa Studio preamp during HBTN and FOTD solos. Also, on that picture, I think that's Davey's gear.

Yeah, could be that as well hehe. The Mesa Boogies are/were probably used in specific situations. I've even read some sources saying Adrian and Dave used Mesa Boogies during TNOTB era.

I'm not sure if it's just for the HBTN and FOTD solos but he definitely only uses the Mesa Boogies for leads, since that one time his Marshall gear broke down in 2016 he was out of commission for the entirety of HBTN except the solo. Which H soloed over anyway because he assumed Janick wasn't going to.

I'm not sure if it's just for the HBTN and FOTD solos but he definitely only uses the Mesa Boogies for leads, since that one time his Marshall gear broke down in 2016 he was out of commission for the entirety of HBTN except the solo. Which H soloed over anyway because he assumed Janick wasn't going to.

It is only for those 2. He said that in a IMFC magazine.

But yeah, in Chicago 2016 he used the Boogie for everything after the JMP broke during Hallowed.

It is only for those 2. He said that in a IMFC magazine.

But yeah, in Chicago 2016 he used the Boogie for everything after the JMP broke during Hallowed.

Good to know that. So apparently he uses it less than expected. It may be more of a personal taste thing rather than usability.

I've got a GK 250RL sitting up the stairs...
vorne.jpg

Back