Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

matic22

Ancient Mariner

Ruflux

Ancient Mariner
So, Steve is a Orange amps artist now...

Saw this coming, since Ade Emsley is the technical director.
Forgot to mention this earlier but I absolutely love what a rousing endorsement it is:

I assume this means this is one of those "these products are cool, not that I actually use them" type endorsements, but even by those standards that's not a particularly marketable quote and I wish I knew how we ended up here. Did Steve just recommend Orange amps as a favor for a friend or something?

matic22

Ancient Mariner
Forgot to mention this earlier but I absolutely love what a rousing endorsement it is:

I assume this means this is one of those "these products are cool, not that I actually use them" type endorsements, but even by those standards that's not a particularly marketable quote and I wish I knew how we ended up here. Did Steve just recommend Orange amps as a favor for a friend or something?
Closest I got to my trusty sound? LMAO. He used the same amps from 1982 until recently (with the exception of 1993-1998 when he used Trace Elliots).

Ade Emsley is the owner of Orange amps. Does this ring a bell? Yes the guy, who is mastering all of Maiden's work.

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
This pic is from the AMOLAD sessions.

Does someone knows what guitars are that (the red ones which are the most visible) - ESP ? And who is the owner of them?

Attachments

matic22

Ancient Mariner
This pic is from the AMOLAD sessions.

Does someone knows what guitars are that (the red ones which are the most visible) - ESP ? And who is the owner of them?
The first red one is the Jackson 12/6 doubleneck used on COTD and probably OOTS on AMLOAD studio version.

The 2nd guitar (between the doubleneck and the #1 Sunburst FR Classic strat)... I have no idea.

The first red one is the Jackson 12/6 doubleneck used on COTD and probably OOTS on AMLOAD studio version.

The 2nd guitar (between the doubleneck and the #1 Sunburst FR Classic strat)... I have no idea.
Could it be a Charvel San Dimas? Double humbucker, floyd rose and strat shape.

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet

Oh yeah, the first one is the double neck used on COTD - how I missed it! Then we can agree that all these guitars are Adrian's.

The 2nd guitar could be Ibanez Roadstar?

EDIT: This Sunburst Strat is the one that Adrian used in TFF tour, right ?

Last edited:

The_7th_one

Ancient Mariner
The controls are very similar. The neck could be other. Charvel and Jackson usually combine different necks in their models.

matic22

Ancient Mariner
EDIT: This Sunburst Strat is the one that Adrian used in TFF tour, right ?
Nope. That was the Mexican Strat that is at Rock N Roll Ribs.

This guitar is H's main standard tuned stage guitar since 1995-2007, with the exception of Early Days tour. Also played on Psycho Motel albums, both Bruce albums and all of the reunion-era albums with the exception of TBOS, which was the #8432 Jackson Prototype mostly.

There is a shadow on the neck and makes it seem like a Rosewood fingerboard.

EDIT: Well, I'm wrong... It doesn't have a Floyd it seems...

Last edited:

matic22

Ancient Mariner
Regearding the 2nd guitar, it could be indeed Roadstar RS 530...

I never knew H owned a red Roadstar. I know that he has a blue sunburst one that was used on Powerslave record.

matic22

Ancient Mariner

4:58

It's not a Roadstar. It has a different headstock.

P.S. H is playing his #1 Strat in that clip (100% sure), so that could still be it on that photo.