Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's speculation that "someone at the recent cart and horses event with some of the original band members overheard someone say that they'll be recording in March".

Not saying it's not true, but please for the love of god remember that the "official" in Official Iron Maiden Fanclub Forum does not mean info/rumors posted there are in any way more reliable than those found anywhere else on the web.

Well, Steve said they had songs ready and that they were going to regroup in early 2019, so... Anyway, I've got several trips to Paris on my book for work, so I think I should try something.

I assume most of non native english-speaking people (myself included obviously) are absolutely unable to understand some of the recent posts. Would it be rude to ask for a more conventional language, hey buddie ?
Back on topinc, a lot of talks on the official forum about Maiden uniting in Paris in late-february.

How about cheese eating surrender monkey. Is that conventional enough for you.

Speaking of the Maiden schedule, I believe the "non-album world tour" category is done for. Which will leave plenty of time to speed up the usual 4/5 year between albums.

Speaking of the Maiden schedule, I believe the "non-album world tour" category is done for. Which will leave plenty of time to speed up the usual 4/5 year between albums.

Well between this year's LOTB Tour and another 2 years of a potential album tour they will probably create several new beers. Then they can have a beer-based "non-album" tour.

That means they would stop after album #17 world tour. Personally I think they will retire around the time Nicko turns 70.

There's speculation that "someone at the recent cart and horses event with some of the original band members overheard someone say that they'll be recording in March".

Bear in mind that at that event there were people close to the band's leader who might have (or might have not) spilled the beans.

Bear in mind that at that event there were people close to the band's leader who might have (or might have not) spilled the beans.
In july 2014, I had a chat with one of BL guitarists in Paris, and he genuinely told me Maiden was going to begin work on the new album the next september in the same town. So, I guess your scenario is quite plausible.

Well, H is currently visiting Bahamas and I think that's entirely possible that H and Steve are going through some ideas, like they always do before entering studio. Nathalie insists that it's just a stopover (with 2 exclamation marks).

P.S. did they intentionally keep Nicko at home during NAMM, so he wouldn't spill a bean or two...

P.S. did they intentionally keep Nicko at home during NAMM, so he wouldn't spill a bean or two...
Is that Maiden’s choice? I figured those appearances were on behalf of the gear companies and a part of the endorsement contract.

I think that's the case, but if managment says no, it's a no.
I really doubt that management would care one bit if Nicko blabs a little about the band's doings, honestly. He's been very talkative so many times before you'd think they would've told him to not say a peep a long time ago if the rest of the band found it to be an issue.

That plus I’m not sure why Maiden working on an album is something that needs to be kept secret. They’ve made hints about it before. Even last year Steve alluded to something in an interview.

I don’t think the band is being intentionally secretive. It is more that if they are working on an album, there’s nothing to blab about at this stage. I wouldn’t read Nicko’s absence as a sign that there’s something under wraps.

Maybe they're recording the album.. Who knows. Maybe Maiden's new album will be out before Tool's is, and Tool are done with recording.. Who knows.

That plus I’m not sure why Maiden working on an album is something that needs to be kept secret. They’ve made hints about it before. Even last year Steve alluded to something in an interview.

I don’t think the band is being intentionally secretive. It is more that if they are working on an album, there’s nothing to blab about at this stage. I wouldn’t read Nicko’s absence as a sign that there’s something under wraps.
Nicko probably didn't go to NAMM because he's still recovering from fracturing his wrist, plus neither Paiste or Sonor were releasing/displaying anything new having to do with him or Maiden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back