Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to a couple of 2011 bootlegs recently and honestly, he was pretty rough through a lot of that tour. But that said he was definitely worse in 2014, straining a lot even in relatively mild songs like Wasted Years.

But with that said, I would argue he was worse in 2016-17. He could hit the notes pretty well, but he just sounded consistently out of breath in the higher notes. It wasn't bad necessarily, but different and the result is that his voice sounds less full overall.

I listened to a couple of 2011 bootlegs recently and honestly, he was pretty rough through a lot of that tour. But that said he was definitely worse in 2014, straining a lot even in relatively mild songs like Wasted Years.

But with that said, I would argue he was worse in 2016-17. He could hit the notes pretty well, but he just sounded consistently out of breath in the higher notes. It wasn't bad necessarily, but different and the result is that his voice sounds less full overall.
And that's why songs with fast passages don't work anymore. A song like HCW played at album tempo would put Bruce on a respirator. Even TETMD played fast could be a problem.

They need to pace themselves. Chose the songs that can be slowed down a bit from former live performances (Trooper, Hallowed, etc) and don't play the ones that sound shit played slower (Aces High).

Yeah, but unfortunately we already have a tour ad with Aces High playing in the background. I like how they used the Live After Death version though. Possibly a sort of a "temper your expectations" moment.

I think the stained glass window painting and the video clip at the end of the Live Chapter stream are smoke screens. People have been driving themselves mad trying to work out a setlist from a piece of artwork that appeared more than six months before the start of the tour. They hadn't even got close to rehearsing yet. This stuff was all to drum up excitement about the tour to make us buy tickets and loosely link in to the Legacy of the Beast game. I highly doubt they'll base the setlist off some promo stuff from six months ago. Remember in 2007 they said they'd play five songs as part of the 25th anniversary of 'The Number of the Beast' but then only ended up playing four? Don't read too much or anything into the promo material. The setlist will be down to what they agree on during rehearsals.

It's a smoke screen, they will play Alexander The Great instead.
I don't think they'll ever play that one.

I think the stained glass window painting and the video clip at the end of the Live Chapter stream are smoke screens. People have been driving themselves mad trying to work out a setlist from a piece of artwork that appeared more than six months before the start of the tour. They hadn't even got close to rehearsing yet.

Bruce and Steve tend to decide the (bulk of the) setlist well in advance. In the case of this particular tour that happened last summer. As Bruce said in Sweden when he was asked about the songs to be played, the answer is in the poster. ;)

When When Two Worlds Collide came on my son said: "This would sound better if Bruce would sing it." And then, I thought... why the heck not? It's about time for a Blaze-era song again, and since we're gonna get the Rare of the Rare-tour, it might just as well.

You heard it here first!

Alright, Whooten mentioned the song earlier, but I think he was less serious.

That post was "less serious" but I truly think When Two Worlds Collide is one of the best Blaze era songs and would love, love, love to hear it done with Bruce. Its seems written for his style.

Bruce and Steve tend to decide the (bulk of the) setlist well in advance. In the case of this particular tour that happened last summer. As Bruce said in Sweden when he was asked about the songs to be played, the answer is in the poster. ;)
I'm sure that the setlists can be subject to change, and there's way too many "hints" in that poster to constitute a playable setlist. As I mentioned above, they played less 'The Number of the Beast' songs in 2007 than was originally promised. Bruce has also said things like "we might play 'Alexander the Great' next time we go to Greece" and then they didn't do it. He's a performer and knows how to play to the audience. It's all about whipping up excitement before playing 'Fear of the Dark' and 'Iron Maiden' again. :p

I'm sure that the setlists can be subject to change, and there's way too many "hints" in that poster to constitute a playable setlist. As I mentioned above, they played less 'The Number of the Beast' songs in 2007 than was originally promised. Bruce has also said things like "we might play 'Alexander the Great' next time we go to Greece" and then they didn't do it. He's a performer and knows how to play to the audience. It's all about whipping up excitement before playing 'Fear of the Dark' and 'Iron Maiden' again. :p

We all know that they didn't play the 5th song from TNOTB in 2007, because The Prisoner=22 Accacia Avenue <<<<<<<<<Wrathchild

We all know that they didn't play the 5th song from TNOTB in 2007, because The Prisoner=22 Accacia Avenue <<<<<<<<<Wrathchild

If what I have been told is correct, the band were not too happy about Rod's move to promote the tour as a 25th TNOTB anniversary theme. Apparently they reluctantly agreed, rehearsed 22 Acacia Avenue, but decided not to play it live.

If what I have been told is correct, the band were not too happy about Rod's move to promote the tour as a 25th TNOTB anniversary theme. Apparently they reluctantly agreed, rehearsed 22 Acacia Avenue, but decided not to play it live.
And put Wrathchild in there instead. Makes sense.

The 2007 setlist is such a disappointment, it's kind of hard to understand how that even happened. It's by far one of the shortest reunion era shows at only 15 songs and the only even remotely rare song there is Children of the Damned. I suppose it would make sense this was Rod's idea since the response to them playing AMOLAD in its entirety the year before was somewhat mixed and he probably thought they needed to buy some goodwill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back