Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
And put Wrathchild in there instead. Makes sense.
Wrathchild was in the setlist before they announced the A Matter of the Beast tour. The first leg was earlier that year, and they only did 14 songs! AMOTB was the summer tour and was supposed to have five TNOTB songs, but they only did four adding Children of the Damned to the setlist.

I highly doubt they'll base the setlist off some promo stuff from six months ago. Don't read too much or anything into the promo material. The setlist will be down to what they agree on during rehearsals.
They don't base the setlist off the promo stuff, it's the opposite. They make the promo stuff based on the setlist. Maybe a few songs might change, but they have an idea what they will be doing. The tour announcements for SBIT and Maiden England were accurate when it comes to setlist teasing. No reason to think it's not the same now.

^ SBIT was a tour that crushed many fans hoping for Somewhere in Time material other than the normal Wasted/Heaven crap. They had plenty of SIT merch and the walk on Eddie was SIT but only 2 SIT songs when they played 4 SSOASS songs (then played the same 4 next history tour with one addition) and 4 PS songs? SBIT had me pumped for SIT stuff and was severely disappointed. I was grateful for the powerslave tracks.

Well, more and more that I think, only FOI will not cut it to justify another history tour for me, delaying the next album with it. They really need to play 4-5 very rare songs to get internet into meltdown (as Bruce said). Clansman and FTGGOG are not enough. Unless they really pull Alexander out.

Songs that I think have a chance and I would classificate them as surprises:

-Prowler
-Remember Tomorrow (2x)
-Killers
-22 Accacia Avenue
-Where Eagles Dare
-Flight Of Icarus
-Die With Your Boots On
-Still Life (2x)
-Sun And Steel (I think there's a chance, would count 2x)
-Rime Of The Acient Mariner
-Sea Of Madness (2x)
-Stranger In A Strange Land
-Alexander The Great (This one would count 3x)
-Infinite Dreams
-Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter
-No Prayer For The Dying (2x)
-Be Quick Or Be Dead
-Wasting Love
-Sign Of The Cross (2x)
-The Clansman
-Ghost Of The Navigator
-The Fallen Angel
-Out Of The Silent Planet
-Paschendale
-Rainmaker
-Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
-The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
-For The Greater Good Of God
-The Legacy
-The Talisman
-When The Wild Wind Blows
-Empire Of The Clouds (This one would count 3x)

That's 32 songs. When Bruce stated that internet will go into meltdown after Estonian show, I think at least 5 of those will be performed. If they aren't the set would be underwhelming IMO (unless songs with 3x and 2x factors are included).

They really need to play 4-5 very rare songs to get internet into meltdown (as Bruce said). Clansman and FTGGOG are not enough.

massive list of songs

When Bruce stated that internet will go into meltdown after Estonian show, I think at least 5 of those will be performed.
I think this is just Bruce playing to crowd again and generating excitement to sell the last few tickets.

That's 32 songs. When Bruce stated that internet will go into meltdown after Estonian show, I think at least 5 of those will be performed. If they aren't the set would be underwhelming IMO (unless songs with 3x and 2x factors are included).
For the Greater Good of God is more or less confirmed. Ghost of the Navigator is quite likely I think. Flight of Icarus may well be the songs Bruce talked about, and I'm fairly certain he said one song that will create social media madness. Other than those maybe Be Quick Or Be Dead and The Clansman have a slight chance to get played. If that Nicko rumour is true we might get Where Eagles Dare, but I doubt it. I still don't think we should expect too much, it's Maiden and we know they are quite predictable. If they end up playing Flight of Icarus that, for me, would be the biggest surprise ever.

I think this is just Bruce playing to crowd again and generating excitement to sell the last few tickets.
I think he is honest. Of course, what Bruce thinks is a special song and what we think is a special isn't necessarily the same. For him, Children of the Damned was a song "they never do live", and for a lot of fans it should have been something they haven't done in 1000000 years.

I think he is honest. Of course, what Bruce thinks is a special song and what we think is a special isn't necessarily the same. For him, Children of the Damned was a song "they never do live", and for a lot of fans it should have been something they haven't done in 1000000 years.

Quoted for truth and let's set it straight: Children of the Damned was a rarity. The last time it was featured on a world tour was in 1986-1987!

I managed to see them play the song live in 2007 on the A Matter of the Beast short European run of dates, but other than that, 3 small charity shows in London in 2002, and the final leg of the SBIT tour in 2009, it had not been played at all.

Well, more and more that I think, only FOI will not cut it to justify another history tour for me, delaying the next album with it. They really need to play 4-5 very rare songs to get internet into meltdown (as Bruce said). Clansman and FTGGOG are not enough. Unless they really pull Alexander out.

Songs that I think have a chance and I would classificate them as surprises:

-Prowler
-Remember Tomorrow (2x)
-Killers
-22 Accacia Avenue
-Where Eagles Dare
-Flight Of Icarus
-Die With Your Boots On
-Still Life (2x)
-Sun And Steel (I think there's a chance, would count 2x)
-Rime Of The Acient Mariner
-Sea Of Madness (2x)
-Stranger In A Strange Land
-Alexander The Great (This one would count 3x)
-Infinite Dreams
-Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter
-No Prayer For The Dying (2x)
-Be Quick Or Be Dead
-Wasting Love
-Sign Of The Cross (2x)
-The Clansman
-Ghost Of The Navigator
-The Fallen Angel
-Out Of The Silent Planet
-Paschendale
-Rainmaker
-Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
-The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
-For The Greater Good Of God
-The Legacy
-The Talisman
-When The Wild Wind Blows
-Empire Of The Clouds (This one would count 3x)

I would say most of your choices would not be played live and you know it. :D

Flight of Icarus, as a classic not played live for 32 years, would certainly qualify as a surprise worth the price of admission. That being said, I'd rather have another new album and subsequent tour than a retrospective, not matter how exciting this might be.

Quoted for truth and let's set it straight: Children of the Damned was a rarity. The last time it was featured on a world tour was in 1986-1987!

I managed to see them play the song live in 2007 on the A Matter of the Beast short European run of dates, but other than that, 3 small charity shows in London in 2002, and the final leg of the SBIT tour in 2009, it had not been played at all.
I agree! But a lot of fans probably don't. Which is why Bruce shouldn't promise anything.

I would say most of your choices would not be played live and you know it. :D

Flight of Icarus, as a classic not played live for 32 years, would certainly qualify as a surprise worth the price of admission. That being said, I'd rather have another new album and subsequent tour than a retrospective, not matter how exciting this might be.
I know it and because of it, I would also like a new album more. But if they play 5 songs of this list, I think another history tour would justify itself. Otherwise not.

I know it and because of it, I would also like a new album more. But if they play 5 songs of this list, I think another history tour would justify itself. Otherwise not.

Out of your list, I think the songs with a chance of being played, based on the promotional poster, what Nicko allegedly said at NAMM, and the content of Bruce's autobiography are the following:

-Where Eagles Dare (Nicko's comments at NAMM)
-Flight Of Icarus (poster and Nicko's comments at NAMM)
-Sun And Steel (based on how long Bruce talks about this song in his autobiography)
-Be Quick Or Be Dead (poster, although the snake eye might be the eyes of the Nile instead, so we could get revelations)
-The Clansman (poster)
-Ghost Of The Navigator (poster: more likely than Rime of the Ancient Mariner if you ask me)
-For The Greater Good Of God (poster and instrumental bit used in the teaser for the tour announcement)

Can anyone link the exact interview where Nicko confirms or "confirms" Where Eagles Dare? In the one NAMM clip I've seen, Nicko only speaks about World Piece Tour era and he mentions Flight of Icarus when telling about some funny incident during World Slavery tour or something.

It might be that he said something about them playing WED as an opener back then (83) and doing it a bit later now, which basically confirms the song, but I'm not sure if he really said that... Well I'll check it again as soon as I can.

Can anyone link the exact interview where Nicko confirms or "confirms" Where Eagles Dare? In the one NAMM clip I've seen, Nicko only speaks about World Piece Tour era and he mentions Flight of Icarus when telling about some funny incident during World Slavery tour or something.

It might be that he said something about them playing WED as an opener back then (83) and doing it a bit later now, which basically confirms the song, but I'm not sure if he really said that... Well I'll check it again as soon as I can.

At the official Iron Maiden Fan Club forum it was mentioned that Nicko let that slip when chatting with some fans at NAMM; it was not during an interview.

Out of your list, I think the songs with a chance of being played, based on the promotional poster, what Nicko allegedly said at NAMM, and the content of Bruce's autobiography are the following:

-Where Eagles Dare (Nicko's comments at NAMM)
-Flight Of Icarus (poster and Nicko's comments at NAMM)
-Sun And Steel (based on how long Bruce talks about this song in his autobiography)
-Be Quick Or Be Dead (poster, although the snake eye might be the eyes of the Nile instead, so we could get revelations)
-The Clansman (poster)
-Ghost Of The Navigator (poster: more likely than Rime of the Ancient Mariner if you ask me)
-For The Greater Good Of God (poster and instrumental bit used in the teaser for the tour announcement)

+ Nicko stating that he wants SIASL and 22AA back in the set. Considering that they listened to him with TOAC, I think one of those two will be played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back