Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hills of Rock news (slightly off-topic)
Sabaton are going to headline the first night, The Raven Age are substituting Anthrax before Maiden. Why am I not surprised...

Alright, after giving it a bit of thought, I decided to make my setlist prediction too, before serious spoilers come in. I think it might look somewhat like this:

1. Murders in the Rue Morgue
2. Ghost of the Navigator
3. 2 Minutes to Midnight
4. Dance of Death
5. The Number of the Beast
6. Death or Glory
7. The Clansman
8. The Trooper
9. Phantom of the Opera
10. Flight of Icarus
11. For the Greater Good of God
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
Encore:
1. Be Quick or Be Dead
2. Run to the Hills
3. Prowler

Basically, I tried to choose songs that fit all the things they need and/or want.
From the reunion era, they might pick 3/4 songs. One from Brave New World is almost certain, and it could also be Brave New World, or the Wicker Man as an opener. It’s a great time to bring out one of the two DOD epics, eith the title track being the most likely. For the Greater Good of God has been heavily hinted at, so it would be surprising if they didn’t choose it. If they want to keep a TBOS track, it will probably be either Speed of Light or Death or Glory, because they take up less space. IESF and TBOS are also more unlikely possibilities.
From the 90’s, other than FOTD, I think they should play one song from the Blaze era, with the Clansman as the strongest candidate, and another song from NPFTD/FOTD, like BQOBD or BYD…TTS.
Getting to the 80’s, we start with three certainties: Iron Maiden, Number of the Beast and the Trooper. Two or three songs between 2M2M, TETMD, RTTH and Hallowed are very likely, een though I think might hate the last one right now. We’ll probably get an 80’s epic, like POTO, Revelations, or even ROTAM if they decide to be very bold (that would probably remove the space for another song from the set though). The opener, if it’s not the Wicker Man, is a tough choice. They’ve pretty much never had great surprises in that spot, but Aces High or Moonchild would be way too predictable, and I think they know it. So we might get something slightly different like Where Eagles Dare or Murders in the Rue Morgue, as suggested. As a closer, I believe they’ll go for a debut album song, like Prowler, Sanctuary or Running Free. Finally, it would be strange if we didn’t get at least one ‘big’ surprise, especially considering that Bruce said he wants people to think ‘I can’t believe they played that song’. Flight of Icarus has been hinted at a lot, so it might be the one.
I think Alexander the Great is more likely than some people make it out to be, because surely they know how much people would like it (so Rod might ask them to play it). Personally I don’t love the song all that much so I don’t care as much as others, but it would still be cool to have a song never played before.
Thoughts?

Murders is an interesting pick, but could happen. Steve is known to like it a lot. I think Dance of Death and FTGGOG is a bit of a stretch - two reunion epics? - but I'd love to see it.

ides of march into murders sounds plausible. certainly would be a suprise. but i have a feeling we will hear churchill then aces high for the opener (not that i would have a problem with that). but BQOBD would still be my favorite to open with.

FTGGOG is almost guaranteed in my opinion, so DoD is maybe not as realistic. but your setlist is pretty admirable, and prowler as the closer, that would certainly be interesting:shred:

As the tour approaches I will do everything possible in order to avoid setlist spoilers; it's the first time I'm gonna see them live and I want to be surprised, not knowing what song they are gonna play next will add to the enthusiasm.
Yes avoid the spoilers. If this is your first Maiden show and it's going to be the legacy of the Beast tour you are in for a real treat man. You are going to have a great time. Don't get hammered where you don't remember the show. Definitely catch a buzz though. You'll have a great time I'm very happy for you.

Yes avoid the spoilers. If this is your first Maiden show and it's going to be the legacy of the Beast tour you are in for a real treat man. You are going to have a great time. Don't get hammered where you don't remember the show. Definitely catch a buzz though. You'll have a great time I'm very happy for you.
Thanks man, I appreciate. Yes it will be my first show, I’m planning on only a couple beers at most before the show because I want to really enjoy it

To all you berks that voted against Running Free in the Head-to-Head, its a cert to be played on this tour and I hope to fuck that they do the whole 'Left Hand Side' carry on.

As regards both DoD and Greater Good being in the same set, Im vaguely hopeful as I see DoD as an actual classic for the ages so it is almost an immediate pick (not quite but ewe sea watt eye mean) so its not really an 'either/or' scenario. Still swap 'em both for Rime, though. And Id swap all 3 for Running Free. Good job I wont have to; Running Free is a cert, as well it should be.

I'm pretty sure Navigator has a good chance. And today I heard Blaze's As Live As It Gets. When When Two Worlds Collide came on my son said: "This would sound better if Bruce would sing it." And then, I thought... why the heck not? It's about time for a Blaze-era song again, and since we're gonna get the Rare of the Rare-tour, it might just as well.

You heard it here first!

Alright, Whooten mentioned the song earlier, but I think he was less serious.
Interlocking worlds?

That definitely means a Brave New World/Strange World/When Two Worlds Collide/Blood on the World's Hands/Different World mash-up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back