Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, here is my idea, one that combines some past ideas.

1. For The Greater Good Of God (Kind Of A Bold Move, but they just did open a tour with an Epic)
2. 2 Minutes To Midnight (Obvious)
3. Ghost Of The Navigator (Good Pic for This Type Of Tour)
4. The Prisoner (I'm Just Hoping For This)
5. Infinite Dreams (I'm Calling It Now. It Is Either This Or Revelations And This Song Is A Lot Better)
6. Flight Of Icarus (We Can All Agree On This One)
7. The Clansman (It's Been A Long Time Coming)
8. Number Of The Beast (A Must Have)
9. The Trooper (" ")
10. The Evil That Men Do (Just Thought It Fit The Theme. It is Either This Or Another New Song)
11. Brave New World (Another One That Fits The Theme Nicely)
12. Fear Of The Dark (Obvious)
13. Iron Maiden (" ")

14. Alexander The Great (The Big Twist Of The Night)
15. Coming Home (Same Effect As Blood Brothers On The Last Tour)
16. These Colours Don't Run (A Nice Unity Song To End The Night)

Since there are only 3 longer songs here I thought they could pull off 16 tracks.

Alright, here is my idea, one that combines some past ideas.

1. For The Greater Good Of God (Kind Of A Bold Move, but they just did open a tour with an Epic)
2. 2 Minutes To Midnight (Obvious)
3. Ghost Of The Navigator (Good Pic for This Type Of Tour)
4. The Prisoner (I'm Just Hoping For This)
5. Infinite Dreams (I'm Calling It Now. It Is Either This Or Revelations And This Song Is A Lot Better)
6. Flight Of Icarus (We Can All Agree On This One)
7. The Clansman (It's Been A Long Time Coming)
8. Number Of The Beast (A Must Have)
9. The Trooper (" ")
10. The Evil That Men Do (Just Thought It Fit The Theme. It is Either This Or Another New Song)
11. Brave New World (Another One That Fits The Theme Nicely)
12. Fear Of The Dark (Obvious)
13. Iron Maiden (" ")

14. Alexander The Great (The Big Twist Of The Night)
15. Coming Home (Same Effect As Blood Brothers On The Last Tour)
16. These Colours Don't Run (A Nice Unity Song To End The Night)

Since there are only 3 longer songs here I thought they could pull off 16 tracks.

While I'd enjoy this (except TCDR, which is criminally overrated) both Aces High and Run To The Hills have both been explicitly included in promotional material! I can understand that there's reasonable argument for them dropping the former if it's too difficult to sing consistently but why omit the latter?

What do you think we will get in terms of Eddies? There’s no really obvious well known idea for the big Eddie during Iron Maiden, so apart from the new horned one in the tour poster I’m not sure. I’m thinking we might get two walk on Eddies as the previous sentence suggests big Eddies will be hard to come up with so I don’t think we’ll get two of them. Perhaps they will just be very song specific like an axe wielding Eddie during Killers, a walk on Clansman or Eddie dressed as a hill during RTTH.

dressed as a hill during RTTH.
This would be the worst Eddie ever.

While I'd enjoy this (except TCDR, which is criminally overrated)
My opinion is the opposite. 'These Colours Don't Run' is criminally underrated and needs to return to the setlist! I doubt that they'll have it in the same setlist as 'The Trooper' though, which I suspect will remain in the set for this year's tour.

What do you think we will get in terms of Eddies? There’s no really obvious well known idea for the big Eddie during Iron Maiden, so apart from the new horned one in the tour poster I’m not sure. I’m thinking we might get two walk on Eddies as the previous sentence suggests big Eddies will be hard to come up with so I don’t think we’ll get two of them. Perhaps they will just be very song specific like an axe wielding Eddie during Killers, a walk on Clansman or Eddie dressed as a hill during RTTH.
A Eddie pageant (with versions of Eddie taken from the game) in the middle of the show as an intermission between two sets?

Well, now. I was thinkin the other day that Id like to see a return to a nature style Edward a la FOTD. So, Eddie as a hill or a privit hedge, a bunch of grapes or maybe even a garden shed. We've had him as a circuit board so why not electrical appliances, like, for example, a washing machine. That would be brilliant onstage, spinnin round and round during Iron Maiden, foam comin out the mouth.

My opinion is the opposite. 'These Colours Don't Run' is criminally underrated and needs to return to the setlist! I doubt that they'll have it in the same setlist as 'The Trooper' though, which I suspect will remain in the set for this year's tour.

We'll agree to disagree, because TCDR is perhaps the song from that album I skip wherever possible. :p

Perhaps more than The Trooper I'd be very surprised to see it and FTGGOG in the same set, and that song seems more likely right now.

What do you think we will get in terms of Eddies? There’s no really obvious well known idea for the big Eddie during Iron Maiden, so apart from the new horned one in the tour poster I’m not sure.
I think the horned Eddie is a safe bet as the big Eddie. Maybe the stained glasses on each side of him as the backdrop.

While I'd enjoy this (except TCDR, which is criminally overrated) both Aces High and Run To The Hills have both been explicitly included in promotional material! I can understand that there's reasonable argument for them dropping the former if it's too difficult to sing consistently but why omit the latter?
Here is a more revised version of this idea with more of a greatest hits emphasis

1. Aces High
2. Ghost Of The Navigator
3. Run To The Hills
4. Infinite Dreams
5. Flight Of Icarus
6. 2 Minutes To Midnight
7. The Clansman
8. The Trooper
9. Dance Of Death or Brave New World
10. Killers
11. Number Of The Beast
12. For The Greater Good Of God
13. Iron Maiden

14. Alexander The Great
15. Coming Home
16. The Evil That Men Do

I think they would omit Hallowed because of the legal stuff, Wrathchild and Powerslave cause they were just played, and some others to make room for other less played songs like Infinite Dreams or Flight Of Icarus.

First of all, I want to wish everybody here a happy New Year and may some of your wishes come true!

I haven't posted on the forum in more than a year due to some huge personal life events, but I lurked here now and then to stay informed of what happens in the Maiden world.
Got to say I'm pretty surprised by this tour and I still can't wrap my mind around it, but there's too much to say so I'll leave it for some other time. First, there's some others thread that I'll like to drop in.
Cheers!

I think the horned Eddie is a safe bet as the big Eddie. Maybe the stained glasses on each side of him as the backdrop.

If Maiden goes with Baphomet Eddie, I’m probably done with them. F*ck the satanic bullsh*t. I’ve been a hardcore fan for 35 years, but I won’t support that. I really really hope Steve is smarter than that.

For anyone that mocks this, I’m sorry to say but all that religious stuff you think is make-believe is true. I know this because.. well, I know it. I’ve been places. You don’t joke around or mess with satanism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back