Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do you refuse to listen to The Number of the Beast because of the name or the cover art? Because the cover most definitely implies Eddie has something to do with Satan, and as I recall a bunch of conservative Christians in the US labeled Maiden a Satanic band as a result and even burned records to demonstrate their point.

If Maiden goes with Baphomet Eddie, I’m probably done with them. F*ck the satanic bullsh*t. I’ve been a hardcore fan for 35 years, but I won’t support that. I really really hope Steve is smarter than that.

For anyone that mocks this, I’m sorry to say but all that religious stuff you think is make-believe is true. I know this because.. well, I know it. I’ve been places. You don’t joke around or mess with satanism.
But it's okay to use 666 in your user name, surely.

If Maiden goes with Baphomet Eddie, I’m probably done with them. F*ck the satanic bullsh*t. I’ve been a hardcore fan for 35 years, but I won’t support that. I really really hope Steve is smarter than that.
I think that's a pretty sad statement, when the entire band is certainly not Satanic and at least half of them are practicing Christians. Nobody's becoming a Satanist because Iron Maiden picks a particular form for Eddie. But hey, if that's the straw that breaks your particular camel's back, then so be it.

For anyone that mocks this, I’m sorry to say but all that religious stuff you think is make-believe is true. I know this because.. well, I know it. I’ve been places. You don’t joke around or mess with satanism.

Dude.

It’s not about being easily offended. I’m about the least offendable person I know. It’s about something much more important.

Lol give it a rest trying to convince us you have some otherworldly insight into the afterlife lol.

You have zero clue, the same as every other human being in the planet, wether or not heaven/hell, Satan/god actually exists. You can choose to believe in anything you want but No one can prove beyond a reasonable doubt the actual existence of anything beyond being worm food when we pass so please, cut down on the BS theatrics.

I think that's a pretty sad statement, when the entire band is certainly not Satanic and at least half of them are practicing Christians. Nobody's becoming a Satanist because Iron Maiden picks a particular form for Eddie. But hey, if that's the straw that breaks your particular camel's back, then so be it.

If Maiden sends out Satan/Baphomet as Eddie and has the crowds cheering for him, yes, that is bad. I don't give a damn how much mockery this gets. This stuff is not a game or a joke. Believe me or not, but I know from direct experience. I also never thought Maiden were satanists. Otherwise I would have ditched them long ago.

Lol give it a rest trying to convince us you have some otherworldly insight into the afterlife lol.

You have zero clue, the same as every other human being in the planet, wether or not heaven/hell, Satan/god actually exists. You can choose to believe in anything you want but No one can prove beyond a reasonable doubt the actual existence of anything beyond being worm food when we pass so please, cut down on the BS theatrics.

Wrong. Many people have "clues" and have throughout history. Don't be naive. It's not BS.

I hope Maiden come out with an Eddie that's half a Baphomet, half a monkey, which also throws out monkey toys during Death Or Glory (similar to how shirt cannons work out on sports games).

I hope Maiden come out with an Eddie that's half a Baphomet, half a monkey, which also throws out monkey toys during Death Or Glory (similar to how shirt cannons work out on sports games).

Giant Baphomet Eddie with a monkey's body, flying a plane, and reigning bananas down on the audience in between every song. The bananas are laser-etched with the logo for Maiden's newest beer, a banana stout, with the phrase, "Drink like a devil, party like a monkey!"

If Maiden sends out Satan/Baphomet as Eddie and has the crowds cheering for him, yes, that is bad.
If Maiden sends out Satan-Eddie, I am cheering for Eddie, not Satan. There is actually a difference. If you don't believe otherwise, that's fine - have fun not going to the awesome concert.

I'm confused. Does this have to do with pentagram? As far as Google images show me, new Eddie doesn't look like Baphomet really, more like Virtual X Eddie with horns. And they did have Baphomet on NOTB song previous couple of tours, so I don't see a big deal.
I'm more interested about pentagram, it hasn't been on any artwork until now, am I right?
Not that I have some deeper feelings about it, it just seems strange to use it for the first time in their 40 year career...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back