The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

The first image is the Belo Horizonte venue. Just outside of the stadium (Black Sabbath concert, 2013)

The second one is in SP. Inside of it (David Gilmour concert, I think. 2015)View attachment 4628 View attachment 4629

Attachments

• Esplanada do Mineirão recebeu duas das maiores bandas de heavy metal ___(1).jpg
    Esplanada do Mineirão recebeu duas das maiores bandas de heavy metal ___(1).jpg
    140 KB · Views: 189
  • Allianz Parque receberá show da banda britânica Muse em outubro.jpg
    Allianz Parque receberá show da banda britânica Muse em outubro.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 194
Yeah, one thing to consider is that Brazil's economy is in a really, really bad moment. Also, the tickets are expensive. I think if we consider all this, São Paulo being sold out already (41.000 tickets) is a very good thing.

When I saw that short official video from the tour I thought - couldn't they release a couple of pro-shot songs like this? Just for their YouTube channel once in a while (3-4 for the whole tour, let's say)... Would be great.

When I saw that short official video from the tour I thought - couldn't they release a couple of pro-shot songs like this? Just for their YouTube channel once in a while (3-4 for the whole tour, let's say)... Would be great.
Who knows, we might get a couple. We got three songs from Download festival and three songs from Rock in Rio in 2013. Phantom, Fear and Trooper from Download and Trooper, Hills and Fear from Rio.

Who knows, we might get a couple. We got three songs from Download festival and three songs from Rock in Rio in 2013. Phantom, Fear and Trooper from Download and Trooper, Hills and Fear from Rio.
And Revelations, Aces and IM from Knebworth.

I'm sure highlights of Download are screened on Sky Arts every year, with luck the Maiden footage will end up more widely available.

Yeah, one thing to consider is that Brazil's economy is in a really, really bad moment. Also, the tickets are expensive. I think if we consider all this, São Paulo being sold out already (41.000 tickets) is a very good thing.

Too expensive. I was able to pay half ticket on the premium (it's the area closer to the stage, since this division doesn't exist in US/Europe) and still it were R$ 347. The full ticket is up to more than R$ 630 now. This is half of my wage.

If it were any other band, I would go in the common floor (maybe not Metallica. Although I saw Sabbath right to the side of that metal structure and had a reasonable view of both bands)

So, how was it? Best thing in the world ever? :)
So, how was it? Best thing in the world ever? :)

It was amazing, no words to describe it. Literally, I lost my voice and could not talk on monday .. but it was worth it. There were several street that close around the stadium due to the amount of people that attended, the nearest market ran out of beers too :) ... They (Janick and Nicko) even took the time to visit the Cathedral where our Martyr lies - Monseñor Romero. Here is a FB picture. There is also another pic were Nicko wears Romero's T-shirt. These guys are incredible. Im so proud I could attend this show!

Attachments

• maiden.png
    maiden.png
    477.7 KB · Views: 47
  • untitled.png
    untitled.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:
Another update for guitar nerds... Dave is back on the Sunburst and White strats. He ditched the Les paul, for at least Powerslave last night.

Damn. I want to see Dave on a Les Paul.
From what I saw he completely ditched the Les Paul Axcess and the 70's reissue black strat and now uses the White FR Classic strat from TRATB to DOG in the set and the Sunburst California Series strat for anything else (that guitar was used in previous shows for Trooper, TBOS, FOTD, Hallowed, IM and the encores, with the Black 70's strat used for first few songs).

Was he even wearing a mask before that? I can't remember.

Why Bruce is still wearing the mexican mask during Powerslave?

Powerslave talk about a pharaoh that doesn't want to die, he believes he is a god... he is crazy about the power and as far as I know Masks were use by some sore of high priests when they were doing rituals and to incarnate deities... so that could be one reason.. or probably he just likes it a lot.. jejeje :nana:

I don't think he had any mask on in the first show. Maybe he just picked it up in Mexico and decided to add it to the show.

Back