The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Yes, he started using in the Mexico shows. I just wish he would bring back the powerslave mask... It may be silly, but I love that mask.

Collin said:
We might be due for a live album filmed in the US.

I know they've already done a "Flight 666" but with the amount of hype/promotion they've done with Ed Force One on this tour it would make sense to do another tour documentary type thing with songs from different shows.

My only real hope for a possible live dvd/album is that it will be recorded indoors. The stage and lightning is too awesome on this tour to be represented in half daylight at some festival gig.

When I saw that short official video from the tour I thought - couldn't they release a couple of pro-shot songs like this? Just for their YouTube channel once in a while (3-4 for the whole tour, let's say)... Would be great.

At least we know from this teaser video that they already have great footage from this tour.

A Mayan priest headdress would be good, although it would all get even more historically confusing.

I also noticed he changed the lyrics in Powerslave... instead of singing "When I was living this lie..." He sings: "When I was young and (something I can't figure out)..." In the first show I thought he just forgot it, but he sings like this in every show.

Repeating this might get boring soon, but fucking hell, Bruce is pulling off this track phenomenally. And Adrian adds a couple of nice solo licks at the end. What a performance. Costa Rica was great too, from what I've heard. They are on fire right now.

Shame that the heart ripping thing draws attention away from Adrian's wonderful solo... :p

I also noticed he changed the lyrics in Powerslave... instead of singing "When I was living this lie..." He sings: "When I was young and (something I can't figure out)..." In the first show I thought he just forgot it, but he sings like this in every show.
I think it's "When I was young and a man, fear was my game.", or something like that.

Repeating this might get boring soon, but fucking hell, Bruce is pulling off this track phenomenally. And Adrian adds a couple of nice solo licks at the end. What a performance. Costa Rica was great too, from what I've heard. They are on fire right now.

Shame that the heart ripping thing draws attention away from Adrian's wonderful solo... :p

My god! He is sounding really nice! I can't fucking wait.

This sounds phenomenal from the whole band. I've decided, I'm not watching any more. Going to save it all up for June.

Bruce is sounding eons better than he did on the 2014 tour, which is incredible considering what he's been through.

What a guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sales numbers from the first 3 U.S. gigs: http://www.theprp.com/2016/03/09/ne...ay-drive-between-the-buried-and-me-etc-shows/

Interesting facts:
- all 3 shows were completely sold out
- the band made just over $2.5 million in ticket sales from 3 shows
- 32,899 total people saw Iron Maiden in the U.S. so far

Now, let's say that half of that $2.5 million went to pay for the entire touring crew, arena rental, staff, flight, jet fuel, meals, etc. etc., that leaves the band with 1.25 million in profits. Let's also say that 75% of people who went to a gig bought one t-shirt (not even factoring in hoodies or other merch or people who bought many, many t-shirts):

24, 674 people buy a $40 shirt = $986,960 minus t-shirt production costs (probably no more than $4-5 a shirt at the most) = $863, 590

$863, 590 + $1,250,000 = $2,113,590 in profits for only three shows

Hell, let's say that production costs were even higher and round it down to a nice, even $2 million.

$2 million/3 shows = $666,666.66 per show :devil2:

$666,666.66 minus Rod's 10% ($66,666)/6 band members = $100,000 per member, per gig. And that ain't bad!

DISCLAIMER: All of these estimates are completely made up using a very broad, non-scientific theory of Maiden's money management and nothing here should be taken seriously.

The real question is here, are all members paid equal?

I'd imagine all the money goes to a holding company and the band members are like shareholders / directors receiving a dividend depending on profit for each year.

But I'd imagine in the spirit of fairness they split it equally.

Back