Nicko McBrain

She mentions that they worked together 9/10 months, then he went out on tour. That doesn't fit in with the timeline of events as we know it?

She mentions that they worked together 9/10 months, then he went out on tour. That doesn't fit in with the timeline of events as we know it?

We might have been lied about the timeline of events or perhaps the 9/10 months includes work done after the tour (the way the video is edited suggests otherwise though).

We might have been lied about the timeline of events or perhaps the 9/10 months includes work done after the tour (the way the video is edited suggests otherwise though).
Maiden was on tour in October 2022 so there is no lie about the timeline.

Maiden was on tour in October 2022 so there is no lie about the timeline.

What I meant is that, unless I am misremembering things, we have been led to believe that Nicko’s stroke was much closer to the start of The Future Past for a 9/10 month rehabilitation period to have been possible.

I think the simplest explanation was she meant to say "weeks" instead since that sounds like it's probably within the range of time they had before Nicko had to start tour rehearsals.

I think the simplest explanation was she meant to say "weeks" instead since that sounds like it's probably within the range of time they had before Nicko had to start tour rehearsals.
Yeah that's most likely I think. Rehearsals started in March/April if I remember correctly?

Hearing Nicko rolling down the toms at the end of RTTH really put a smile on my face. It's tough hearing the songs without their usual fluid drums, but I think some of this is down to playing alongside an orchestra rather than your bandmates you've spent 40+ years playing with. Really keen to hear how Nicko is doing when this years tour kicks off.

I was reading somewhere about the three amigos' guitar influences. Adrian said he is more influenced by Blues players like Pat Travers, than Metal. I'm not much familiar with Pat Travers but looking him up on Youtube, I found that Nicko has been the drummer in his band and even played on two of his albums: Makin' Magic and Putting It Straight (both came out in 1977) and I was really amazed! Does that mean Adrian ultimately got to play with one of his heroes?!

I was reading somewhere about the three amigos' guitar influences. Adrian said he is more influenced by Blues players like Pat Travers, than Metal. I'm not much familiar with Pat Travers but looking him up on Youtube, I found that Nicko has been the drummer in his band and even played on two of his albums: Makin' Magic and Putting It Straight (both came out in 1977) and I was really amazed! Does that mean Adrian ultimately got to play with one of his heroes?!

He got to play with the guy who played drums on some Pat Travers albums. Not sure Nicko was one of his heroes though!

He got to play with the guy who played drums on some Pat Travers albums. Not sure Nicko was one of his heroes though!

Those two albums came out during Pat Travers' peak and when Maiden was still in the making. So, while Adrian must be influenced by Travers' guitar playing in particular, Nicko was actually important for his overall sound. I just find it pretty cool.

Back