The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, for God's sake, I would advise Nicko to retire. I cannot imaging him to keep touring in his state of health any longer.

Nobody would be mad at him if he did. You've only got one life after all.
Maybe ritirement is not the kind of life he wants to live. When you come to a certain age, motivation and pleasure are everything. Not everybody is Tom Araya.

@Christopher Baines 's family right now:

1691607232757.jpeg

:D

Meanwhile, Maiden's reaction:
hes-out-of-line-but-hes-right-meme.jpg

Last edited:
Now that the first leg of the tour is finished is there a consensus best performance of the tour so far? I’m thinking it might have been Glasgow but the London shows were also good and the band seemed to have been pushing the tempos a bit.

My take on Bruce’s comments:

I’m guessing Maiden have a new album planned for release in 2025. I may be mistaken but isn’t 2025 the 50th anniversary of the band being formed? If true that would be a great way to celebrate.I also think, if true, this will be the last studio album ever; followed by 3 years of touring then retirement.

I’m thinking more European dates next year along with NA dates and rest of the world dates. Plus a live album and possibly a video release although doubtful it will be dvd or blu ray, more likely a streaming purchase like BOS:Live chapter.

Then towards the end of the year another Belshazzar's feast type Easter egg hunt leading to a new album announcement near Xmas with a release date in Jan 2025.

I’m guessing Maiden have a new album planned for release in 2025. I may be mistaken but isn’t 2025 the 50th anniversary of the band being formed? If true that would be a great way to celebrate.I also think, if true, this will be the last studio album ever; followed by 3 years of touring then retirement.

I’m thinking more European dates next year along with NA dates and rest of the world dates. Plus a live album and possibly a video release although doubtful it will be dvd or blu ray, more likely a streaming purchase like BOS:Live chapter.

Then towards the end of the year another Belshazzar's feast type Easter egg hunt leading to a new album announcement near Xmas with a release date in Jan 2025.
Since Dance of Death their album releases are always August/September.

I agree about the new album in 2025 followed by a final tour. It's unlikely that Bruce's announcement that will make fans "very happy" isn't the live album--a live album is pretty much a given at this point. It's more unusual when they don't release one for a tour, i.e. the mysterious Early Days and Donington 2007 live albums that've vanished from the radar (but will hopefully pop up post-retirement).

In an ideal world, I think this would be the plan for next year.

January - Enter studio
Mid-late March - South American Tour
April - Short North American tour (like 2016 TBOS tour)
June-July - Album announcement & European tour hitting places they didn't hit this year
August - Bruce's solo album released
September - Iron Maiden solo album released
October-December - Bruce solo European tour

I agree about the new album in 2025 followed by a final tour. It's unlikely that Bruce's announcement that will make fans "very happy" isn't the live album--a live album is pretty much a given at this point. It's more unusual when they don't release one for a tour, i.e. the mysterious Early Days and Donington 2007 live albums that've vanished from the radar (but will hopefully pop up post-retirement).
Hopefully that or for a 50th anniversary Eddie's Archive-type release

But the band never promised anything, it was a mistake to list the live stream by the people in charge of the live streaming, Magenta.

I think it’s wholly unfair that the band are taking all the stick for this.

Plus, there was actually a stream in the end just not the one that a large amount of people wanted.

Seems to me like there’s a huge section of the fan base moaning about this because they think Maiden should never ever worry about ever making money anymore because the band members are all well off financially. What about the employees of the Maiden organisation, should the band do everything for free and just pay them out of their own pockets?

That’s what I find bizarre, people thinking they should get something for nothing just because the band are already rich. If we use that viewpoint then why not all professional sports events be free to watch as the athletes are already well off? How about all films and tv shows be completely free to watch because the stars are already rich? The list goes on. It’s a pure jealousy thing and people seem to think they are entitled to stuff because others have more than them. News flash, the world isn’t and never will be equal. Some people will have more than others. I don’t begrudge maiden a single penny and will gladly give them more money for more products and concerts in the future as the cost has been totally worth it too me in terms of my outlay vs the entertainment I’ve had over the decades I’ve been a fan.
You're right. However, this is how people behave. And not only Maiden fans. As I said - I've seen this kind of things everywhere. 10 years ago, for example, I was managing series of events for a company that sells computers. Sadly agency run set of display ads targeted towards other city - we were in a city A and ads were running for a city B. Long story short - I've answered 20+ phone calls where people aggressively presented their opinion about me :)

Reactions: Yax
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back