The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be disappointed if HCW makes into the set. Easily the worst song on SIT, drags on for too long, and so many better songs could take its place.
If we know anything about Maiden its there sets have always been relatively safe. HCW and WY were pretty much assured. The deep cut will be Alexander and Stranger is a given, and if we are lucky they found room for CSIT not sure why we expected them to also bust out Long Distance, Deja vu or Sea of Madness its not gonna happen

To be honest HCW was a given. Thr only real surprise from SIT that I expected was Alex. Stranger was spoiled in tour teaser and Wasted Years will just be there.

CIPWM is a surprise. I would prefer Clairvoyant personally, but it's a good choice for "older" Iron Maiden.

So, so far we have:

Days Of Future Past
Wrathchild (possibly soundcheck song)
Fear Of The Dark
Stranger In A Strange Land
The Prisoner
Heaven Can Wait
Can I Play With Madness
Alexander The Great
Iron Maiden

High probability:
The Writing On The Wall
Hallowed
Wasted Years
Where was The Prisoner confirmed?

Senjutsu still boggles me. Hell On Earth and Time Machine are likely. But... Then what?

Unless the 5th "samurai" song is Flesh Of The Blade.

Friend just told me that his friend is in Split and he heard Maiden playing Stranger in a Strange Land and Prisoner.

I'll be around Arena Stožice on thursday on bike, sniffing around. :cool: If there will be anything interesting, I will take some pictures.
Here’s the origin of The Prisoner rumour btw, I’ve seen some people ask about it. Same guy that started the CIPWM rumour:
Just came home. I've been outside Arena Stožice around 20:00. Band rehersal. I heard 3 songs, Can I play with madness, Heaven can wait..........and.....Alexander the Great. :edmetal: I also met fan from USA, member of this forum. I forgot his username.
Long time member, seems to be from the area. Looks believable!

Last edited:
The only reason TLOTLDR was even brought up semi-seriously was because of an interview with Steve where he said he wanted to at least try it out in rehearsals. But then I don't think that was confirmed to be a 100% certainly real interview, correct me if I'm wrong. It definitely would make some sense since they've at least played it once and honestly, it's not quite CSiT levels of impossible to pull off.

But reasonably they've likely settled on four SiT songs and maybe five from Senjutsu. I don't really see how they'd get a fifth SiT song in there overall and none of the choices seem like ones the band would make.

For me, there are three main concerns that could lead to disappointment: not playing Alexander, not playing HoE, and keeping the three Senjutsu songs from LOTB-22. If they address these, I'll most likely be happy with everything.

As the contest is closed,thats my final prediction due to the leaks

1. Caught Somewhere in Time
2. Can i Play With Madness
3. The Writing on the Wall
4. The Trooper
5. Death of the Celts
6. Stranger in a Strange Land
7. Days of Future Past
8. The Prisoner
9. Heaven Can Wait
10. Hell on Earth
11. Time Machine
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
Encore:
14. Alexander the Great
15. The Number of the Beast
16. Wasted Years

As the contest is closed,thats my final prediction due to the leaks

1. Caught Somewhere in Time
2. Can i Play With Madness
3. The Writing on the Wall
4. The Trooper
5. Death of the Celts
6. Stranger in a Strange Land
7. Days of Future Past
8. The Prisoner
9. Heaven Can Wait
10. Hell on Earth
11. Time Machine
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
Encore:
14. Alexander the Great
15. The Number of the Beast
16. Wasted Years
It's still open!

For me, there are three main concerns that could lead to disappointment: not playing Alexander, not playing HoE, and keeping the three Senjutsu songs from LOTB-22. If they address these, I'll most likely be happy with everything.
If they keep the three Senjutsu songs from LOTB, only logical songs to fit “the rule of 5” along with these three are Days of Future Past and Hell on Earth. In that case, I will be enormously dissapointed for DOTC-the-live-ready-song to be missed playing

For me playing CSiT will be bigger suprise than Alex, I dont think they can pull that one.

Maybe Madness is just backup song after they drop Alex after first show.

I think folks are talking themselves into CSIT not happening with no evidence that it's getting skipped. I would be more comfortable betting on CSIT than on Alexander the Great at this point, although I feel both are about equally likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back