The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
No promises this time (like in 2007), but the hint is strong because we know Maiden likes to do this.

If Wasted Years and Heaven Can Wait are certain, 4 is sort of odd. Yeah, if we add Stranger and Alexander or CSIT it will still be wow, but one could expect more from an ''underperformed classic album''. I wouldn't rule out 5+4. I think 5 from SJ is certain.
I think 5 from Senjutsu plus HCW, Alex, Wasted Years and SIASL is a realistic one.

Last edited:
Woo! Finally got my ticket for saturdays gig at Tampere also. Took me many weeks to find something as close to stage as possible, didnt get standing ticket but from the side. Sunday im trying to get as close to stage as possible.

What a weekend to start my 4 weeks holidays! 2 days of Iron Maiden live. Cant wait!

Agree. CSWIT is the apex opening song. Cant see anything other like that .
If Nicko can play it.

I can't believe how many people don't take IM's age into account. Yeah, if they manage to play CSIT and it sounds decent, it's impressive at least.

But, if you cover your eyes and believe that the age isn't showing, just listen to RTTH from last year (yeah yeah part). Enough was said about Aces. But they are ageing and CSIT is one of the toughest songs in catalogue.

Just saying. Be prepared to be dissappointed if they don't play it as much as I will be prepared to be surprised if they do.

Exactly.

> Says CSIT won't be played live

> Uses examples of songs that the band decided to play on the last tour as reasons they won't play other difficult song live.

Unlike most people here, I'm not going to pretend I know what the band is going to do. But obviously a song being too fast or out of Bruce's range in 2023 isn't going to stop them from playing it. I have a hard time seeing them promoting a Somewhere in Time themed tour and not playing the title track.

Im still thinking which of these they will be playing:
Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner or Sea Of Madness? In case, that they decide to play deeper cut and it might be that neither gets played.

If Nicko can play it.

I can't believe how many people don't take IM's age into account. Yeah, if they manage to play CSIT and it sounds decent, it's impressive at least.

But, if you cover your eyes and believe that the age isn't showing, just listen to RTTH from last year (yeah yeah part). Enough was said about Aces. But they are ageing and CSIT is one of the toughest songs in catalogue.

Just saying. Be prepared to be dissappointed if they don't play it as much as I will be prepared to be surprised if they do.
This. I would rather see them perform something to a high standard rathe than hacking their way through it. It’s why I left before Aces High at Donnington. 2018 was incredible and I didn’t want that memory spoiled by a foolish decision to put the song as an encore.

Friend just told me that his friend is in Split and he heard Maiden playing Stranger in a Strange Land and Prisoner.

I'll be around Arena Stožice on thursday on bike, sniffing around. :cool: If there will be anything interesting, I will take some pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back