The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Them playing CIPWM does not preclude playing RTTH and NOTB, not sure why we'd jump to this conclusion.

If they play Alex, I'd be thrilled to be wrong. I just won't believe it until we have confirmation.

In fact, the last few tours they played CIPWM, they also played both RTTH and TNOTB!

Edit: I cannot remember a tour featuring CIPWM without both RTTH and TNOTB being played.

Last edited:
Just came home. I've been outside Arena Stožice around 20:00. Band rehersal. I heard 3 songs, Can I play with madness, Heaven can wait..........and.....Alexander the Great. :edmetal: I also met fan from USA, member of this forum. I forgot his username.
If they are still rehearsing Alexander at this stage I would say it's almost certain to make it into the set. And you can bet there will some production elements to go along with it......unless of course Adrian forgets the solo between now and Sunday...

Back from the Parni Valjak gig... And have seen that report... my voice is a bit worse for wear but... Those are some very good news.

We will witness history. Quite literally.

Just came home. I've been outside Arena Stožice around 20:00. Band rehersal. I heard 3 songs, Can I play with madness, Heaven can wait..........and.....Alexander the Great. :edmetal: I also met fan from USA, member of this forum. I forgot his username.
Did you hear them (the songs) in that specifical order one after another?

Quite interesting that we haven't heard of them rehearsing any of the Senjutsu stuff so far. Then again, it's probably more important to dust off the stuff that hasn't been played in 35 years rather than something they just recorded. :D

Quite interesting that we haven't heard of them rehearsing any of the Senjutsu stuff so far. Then again, it's probably more important to dust off the stuff that hasn't been played in 35 years rather than something they just recorded. :D
There was a rumour that someone got shown the door in Split when they played Days Of Future Past.

And now, thinking about it...

DOFP -> CIPWM -> 2MTM is quite good way to begin the set.

There was a rumour that someone got shown the door in Split when they played Days Of Future Past.

And now, thinking about it...

DOFP -> CIPWM -> 2MTM is quite good way to begin the set.
Ah, I forgot about the Days of Future Past bit.

I still think Wrathchild was just a tune-up tune for rehearsal. If Trooper's in the set, I don't think we'll have four (Madness, Wrath, IM, Trooper) 3.5 to 4 minute classics in the set.

The annoying thing about HCW and CIPWM being present is now we know for sure nothing more exciting will be played. Time to start filing the complaints! I can't believe they didn't debut OTGDY on this tour!

So the SIT songs are pretty much confirmed as HCW, Wasted Years, Stranger and Alexander .
The 5th song thats possible is CSIT but there is also the huge possibility we only get 4 from the album.

If madness makes it , we could very well still see a 4-5-6 split

To be honest HCW was a given. Thr only real surprise from SIT that I expected was Alex. Stranger was spoiled in tour teaser and Wasted Years will just be there.

CIPWM is a surprise. I would prefer Clairvoyant personally, but it's a good choice for "older" Iron Maiden.

So, so far we have:

Days Of Future Past
Wrathchild (possibly soundcheck song)
Fear Of The Dark
Stranger In A Strange Land
The Prisoner
Heaven Can Wait
Can I Play With Madness
Alexander The Great
Iron Maiden

High probability:
The Writing On The Wall
Hallowed
Wasted Years

To be honest HCW was a given. Thr only real surprise from SIT that I expected was Alex. Stranger was spoiled in tour teaser and Wasted Years will just be there.

CIPWM is a surprise. I would prefer Clairvoyant personally, but it's a good choice for "older" Iron Maiden.

So, so far we have:

Days Of Future Past
Wrathchild (possibly soundcheck song)
Fear Of The Dark
Stranger In A Strange Land
The Prisoner
Heaven Can Wait
Can I Play With Madness
Alexander The Great
Iron Maiden

High probability:
The Writing On The Wall
Hallowed
Wasted Years
If Most of those are in then we aint getting the 5-5-5 split that's for sure

Not sure if this will be interesting or useful to anyone, but I've been in Ljubljana for three days now. I think I crammed in a lot of activities:

The first day was fairly quiet (my flight arrived late afternoon). Getting from the airport to downtown with public transit was cheap and straightforward. I walked from downtown to Tivoli park, and wandered around for about an hour.

Yesterday, I went to Lake Bled. From the bus terminal (on the east side the lake), I started walking clockwise around the water. I took the boat to the church on the island (which was a bit touristy, but still fun). I hiked to three lookout points on the western side of the lake. This was tougher than I thought! It was quite steep at times, but the views were stunning. After, I ate a slice of the Bled cream cake (light and delicious), and paid a usurious price for some badly-needed water bottles.

Then I walked to Vintgar Gorge from the NW edge of Lake Bled. The walk there was pleasant, but nothing special. The trail through the gorge was enjoyable (the canyon was deep). It was a bit crowded in places. I walked back to Lake Bled through Zasip (this walk was more scenic, through pastoral lands, with the distant mountains visible). I ended the day visiting the castle, which also provided some great views. It was a fantastic day of being outdoors. My watch said I took more than 35,000 steps! I was exhausted by the time I was back in town.

Today, I went to the Škocjan Caves (a UNESCO world heritage site). I was debating between this one, and the Postojna Cave. From what I understand, the latter is a bit more touristy, but the Škocjan system is much larger (unfortunately no photographs are allowed). I took the bus to Divača and walked 3 km to the location. I was blown away by the size of the Škocjan cave system. Some of the chambers are more than 100 meters tall. The first section was dry, and the second had a large river roaring through it (with many small waterfalls). You can't help but admire the bravery of the initial explorers. After, I took a long (outdoor) trail back to the starting point (this passed by several more chambers and waterfalls). I got back to Divača with two minutes to spare before the train. I took another (almost) 25,000 steps today per my watch. The past two days have left me utterly exhausted, but I took a long nap after dinner.

I can't speak a word of Slovenian (aside from a few simple phrases I've picked up - "dober dan", "hvala", etc) but I've found it easy to get around town. Both of the day trips I've taken were done via public transit, with no issues.

I'm going to explore Ljubljana more thoroughly on Saturday and Sunday (before the BL and IM shows), and then I'm going to go to Piran on Monday. I'm glad I booked a few extra days in Ljubljana, there's been so much to do already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back