The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said this before: Afraid to Shoot Strangers was a bigger shock for Maiden England 2013 than Futureal would be in the Future Past setlist!
For me, it was not shocking at all, I love this song. But, I can understand that some people found this song a bit weird in the Maiden England 2013 setlist as Maiden England 2013 was supposed to copy/paste the setlist of Maiden England 1988.

For me, it was not shocking at all, I love this song. But, I can understand that some people found this song a bit weird in the Maiden England 2013 setlist as Maiden England 2013 was supposed to copy/paste the setlist of Maiden England 1988.
Infinite Dreams or Still Life should have been in that spot for it to be a true Maiden England setlist. Afraid to Shoot Strangers is an underplayed song but it would have suited any of the A Matter of Life and Death setlist themes (2006/2007) better. Same goes for Can I Play with Madness, Heaven Can Wait and Wasted years in the Somewhere Back in Time World Tour! They could have gone for some PoM or Powerslave deep cuts like Die with Your Boots On and Losfer Words instead! I really hope they stick to the Sit/Senjutsu albums plus a few classics! Futureal is excused because of my personal bias!;) A little side note: I think the SiT material would have been great for the Virtual XI tour theme (they even reused the inflatables!), replace Angel and the Gambler with Stranger in a Strange Land and Lightning Strikes twice with Wasted Years and you would have a great setlist, not relying too much on the Blaze era as the actual Virtual XI setlist was.

Last edited:
Infinite Dreams or Still Life should have been in that spot for it to be a true Maiden England setlist. Afraid to Shoot Strangers is an underplayed song but it would have suited any of the A Matter of Life and Death setlist themes (2006/2007) better. Same goes for Can I Play with Madness, Heaven Can Wait and Wasted years in the Somewhere Back in Time World Tour! They could have gone for some PoM or Powerslave deep cuts like Die with Your Boots On and Losfer Words instead! I really hope they stick to the Sit/Senjutsu albums plus a few classics! Futureal is excused because of my personal bias!;) A little side note: I think the SiT material would have been great for the Virtual XI tour theme (they even reused the inflatables!), replace Angel and the Gambler with Stranger in a Strange Land and Lightning Strikes twice with Wasted Years and you would have a great setlist, not relying too much on the Blaze era as the actual Virtual XI setlist was.
The song I would like Maiden to play on the Future Past Tour is "When Two Worlds Collide", because the theme of the collision between two worlds (both cultural and astronomical) could be extended to the collision between the past (SIT) and the present (Senjutsu) without forgetting what's in between (the classics). ;)

My bet is they open with Days of Future Past. Should be more save
I'd bet that's the opener too. I can already hear them in my head blasting into the intro right after "Doctor Doctor," the pop from the crowd, and it works.

I just don't see them doing "Caught Somewhere in Time," personally. I know Bruce wasn't a fan of trying to sing it back in the day, so bringing it out at this late stage would be surprising. I'd much prefer "Sea of Madness," but that's probably a longshot too. Maiden's been playing it fairly safe setlist-wise since 2006, so HCW, WY are probably the only two "givens" to be in the set. SIASL is likely, I think, but the fact they mysteriously dropped it in 1999 makes me think they think it doesn't work live. Alexander's likely, though, I'll admit, if for nothing else than to shut the fans up. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back