The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the length of some expected songs (CSIT, Heaven Can Wait, Alexander, Parchment, Hell On Earth) I have been wondering if they will drop maybe Hallowed in favour of a shorter easier song. Wrathchild, Can I Play with Madness or The Clairvoyant perhaps. Time will tell!

I'd rather them drop Iron maiden, Fear of the Dark, The Trooper or something. Hallowed was dropped one tour. I just would like to hear Still Life for once live and maybe get The Prisoner one more time...

There was a setlist.fm list I saw that looked pretty appealing and one thing that made me doubt it was the absence of Hallowed, Trooper and 2M2M. As delighted as I would be that they drop those 3 in favor of newer or deeper cuts, it seems unlikely to ditch all 3 of those tracks on one tour. The list I saw had Children of the Damned in it which seems odd as they just did that on TBOS tour. I won't believe anything until I see the first show lol

There was a setlist.fm list I saw that looked pretty appealing and one thing that made me doubt it was the absence of Hallowed, Trooper and 2M2M. As delighted as I would be that they drop those 3 in favor of newer or deeper cuts, it seems unlikely to ditch all 3 of those tracks on one tour. The list I saw had Children of the Damned in it which seems odd as they just did that on TBOS tour. I won't believe anything until I see the first show lol
That set was something someone has dreamt up. KD Vatroslav Lisinski has events. Both halls.

Since reunion Maiden showed that they are proud of Blaze years. Played songs from respective albums live. I will say it one more time. Futureal is a given. Short rocker, fits the theme and represents Blaze days. I will take it over overplayed 2 Minutes.
Well, only for the first few tours after the Reunion. Then they brought some of them for the special LOTB tour, which was sort of a throwback to the 1999 tour. I mean, it's possible because it's a really short song, the theme fits, but they'll always prefer Wrathchild, methinks. I prefer it to 2 Minutes too.
More curious is whether Total Eclipse really has a chance(!)
I'd rather them drop Iron maiden, Fear of the Dark, The Trooper or something. Hallowed was dropped one tour.
Hallowed is the most difficult one from the big classics.
HCW -> ATG
Wow. Even with a different chorus it would be almost impossible. Very good song though.

Well, only for the first few tours after the Reunion. Then they brought some of them for the special LOTB tour, which was sort of a throwback to the 1999 tour. I mean, it's possible because it's a really short song, the theme fits, but they'll always prefer Wrathchild, methinks. I prefer it to 2 Minutes too.
More curious is whether Total Eclipse really has a chance(!)

Hallowed is the most difficult one from the big classics.

Wow. Even with a different chorus it would be almost impossible. Very good song though.

Heaven Can Wait is basically the same as Fear of the Dark. Sing along section and I can't see the sense in them doing both like they did in 2008.

So, I’ll be attending the opening night concert of the upcoming Maiden tour in Ljubljana, Arena Stožice and I was thinking of creating this special thread where we will be posting all the info from the concert itself. Photos, setlist, exprience, thoughts etc. So no trolling, exclusive content from people who will be attending.

All the pre-concert infos, photos, opinions etc. are welcomed, spoiler free.

All the info given in this thread once the concert begins must be marked as spoiler.

Just lisened to Lord of the Losts eurovision song, pretty good. Can see why Steve likes them, they are a big improvement on the Raven Age(sorry Steve :D)

Since Senjutsu hasn’t had a ‘proper’ tour I think they open with a song from the newest album. CSIT will be a bit later.

I think if they start with CSIT it makes it feel more like a traditional hits tour.

Ok- I listened to both songs (DoFP and CSIT) and I must have been outta my mind. The only possible opener would be Caught Somewhere in Time!!!

It would be amazing. The into riff on a dark stage with fog rolling around or only a single spot on guitarist. Then everyone joins in with some more lighting added- before the big pyro and big lights at 0.53 then Bruce runs out and does the split jump off the monitor at 1.05 (gathers his breath and does some air punches) until those opening lyrics.

It would be awesome!!

Caught somewhere in time was consired unlikely due to its difficulty, right?

Wasted years, Stranger in a strange Land, Heaven can wait are set. The last two slots from somewhere in time are 2 out of Alexander, Sea of Madness, Caught somewhere in time, loneliness of the long distance Runner?

Caught somewhere in time was consired unlikely due to its difficulty, right?

Wasted years, Stranger in a strange Land, Heaven can wait are set. The last two slots from somewhere in time are 2 out of Alexander, Sea of Madness, Caught somewhere in time, loneliness of the long distance Runner?
Nicko can do single and double kicks no problem and they can play it slightly slower. Should still be ok.

It’s probably fake, but getting a setlist like would be both a little underwhelming and also pretty cool at the same time, lol. Cool cuz of the new songs and old rarities, underwhelming because there’s no Alex, Parchment, etc.
Such a setlist would be a disappointment for me. Too many throwbacks to the original 1986 tour (there are other old rarities worth playing again), no 2nd SJ epic, no Alexander and I don't want the closing song.
Heaven Can Wait is basically the same as Fear of the Dark. Sing along section and I can't see the sense in them doing both like they did in 2008.
You can't beat the big classics.
Ok- I listened to both songs (DoFP and CSIT) and I must have been outta my mind. The only possible opener would be Caught Somewhere in Time!!!
Better opener, yes. But the only possible? DOFP is a very possible (and good) opener too.
Nicko can do single and double kicks no problem and they can play it slightly slower. Should still be ok.
Let's hope so. The fast tempo is everything for the song, just like Aces High, BQOBD, Moonchild etc.

I always liked the transition between CSIT and Wasted Years but that's not going to happen of course...
Somewhere In Time is my most played Maiden album and the song order is pretty amazing.

That completely changes the feel of the song. The double kicks are driving CSIT. From a musician's standpoint.

Also Nicko never wants to do the most difficult song first. He even almost vetoed WED as an opener during World Piece tour, but Steve prevailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back