Your Maiden blasphemy

Book of souls the worst reunion album? Wow!I better listen to it again. Final Frontier is the weaker of great albums for me. Agree with earlier comment re FOTD. I think it's a quality album. Slowly but surely fans of the album are finding their voice .

Yah I should not use the word "worst".. BOS is the "least great" of the reunion albums. That feels better....

My Maiden tastes have changed as I've gotten older. For decades, I considered Powerslave/SIT/SSOASS as the 'holy trinity' due to the nerdy/escapist factor, but I've come to really appreciate the straight ahead rock & roll of FOTD.

Forget ATG, ID, EOTC. Let's start a petition for FOTD to be played in its entirety. Album is only about 50 mins long so plenty of time left in the set for the regulars and at least one underplayed epic!

If Maiden played Weekend Warrior and The Apparition at a gig, I would take a bathroom break and look for the one with the longest line.

Forget ATG, ID, EOTC. Let's start a petition for FOTD to be played in its entirety. Album is only about 50 mins long so plenty of time left in the set for the regulars and at least one underplayed epic!
YES. I would kill to see The Apparition especially. Mainly for the song, but also for the reaction of the crowd. Let's see how much they hate it!

But yeah, all of the songs would be cool to see. Put my name down.

Even the people who like TXF seem to think of 2 AM as filler. It's very simple and yeah, not their best, but the lyrics are really direct, I like how it's so bluntly pessimistic yet not monotonous at all, so it's actually among my favorites from that album. I also like The Assassin but I recognize it as a sort of guilty pleasure.

I prefer Wasting Love to FOTD, at least when it comes to their studio versions. I know, but FOTD lyrically is kind of uncreative, the only remarkable part is the instrumental middle section. I see how the sound & lyrics of Wasting Love are unexpected from them but it has some emotional depth.

Back