Your Maiden blasphemy

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
Rime isn't even a top 3 song on Powerslave and Powerslave is barely in the top 10 of Maidens albums.
I noticed that we pretty much have the same taste about which songs we like, probably the only song where we are not on the same opinion is ROTAM... and ''Moonchild'' (I remember you don't like this song much, or I'm wrong?). Also, I putted a ''wow'' reaction because of the ROATM not because Powerslave album is barely in the top 10 of Maiden albums (according to my ranking, the album is at #10... right on the edge, haha) - but the album is epochal among the fans and the critics, I also like it a lot (especially the 4 immortal classics), but I happened to like other albums (as a whole albums) more. But your comment is in the right thread. ;)

KidInTheDark666

What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine too
I noticed that we pretty much have the same taste about which songs we like, probably the only song where we are not on a same opinion is ROTAM... and ''Moonchild'' (I remember you don't like this song much, or I'm wrong?). Also, I putted a ''wow'' reaction because of the ROATM not because Powerslave album is barely in the top 10 of Maiden albums (according to my ranking, the album is at #10... right on the edge, haha) - but the album is epochal among the fans and the critics, I also like it a lot (especially the 4 immortal classics), but I happened to like other albums (as a whole albums) more. But your comment is in the right thread. ;)
That's correct. You know, I've noticed the exact same thing about the songs we like too. :)

The problem I have with Rime is mostly the quiet middle section. I don't like it at all and it drags the song's rating down to an 8. Otherwise it's a great song, but somewhat overlong. Powerslave suffers massively from having Back in the Village and Losfer Words, both of which are very near to my bottom 5-10 Maiden songs

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
That's correct. You know, I've noticed the exact same thing about the songs we like too. :)
:cheers:
The problem I have with Rime is mostly the quiet middle section. I don't like it at all and it drags the song's rating down to an 8. Otherwise it's a great song, but somewhat overlong. Powerslave suffers massively from having Back in the Village and Losfer Words, both of which are very near to my bottom 5-10 Maiden songs
I think the album only suffers from the inclusion of Losfer Words (Big 'Orra). I like ROTAM from start to finish, everything is perfect in it - for example, I think the middle section in ROTAM is amazing and the middle section of SSOASS is not so great, especially compared it to the one in ROTAM - maybe that will be blasphemy for someone, idk.

Curious to why you don't like ''Moonchild'' ?

Edington

Let's Get Volatile
I think you should lead with this next time, might make your posts in here come across as less "factual". :ok:

KidInTheDark666

Curious to why you don't like ''Moonchild'' ?
This is my old post in the Moonchild thread. There's some exaggeration, but I still agree with the main points.
I can't decide which song I dislike more, Moonchild or Prodigal Son. Prodigal Son is un-Maiden in all the wrong ways and boring. Moonchild is just incredibly annoying and THE most overrated Iron Maiden song. The intro is great. Verses have weird lyrics, which I really dislike. Bruce is using some awful Ronnie James Dio parody-voice, and it sounds like he's trying to fuck up the song on purpose. The chorus is somehow even worse. Bruce's singing in the chorus is some of the most infuriating things I've heard in a metal song. The instrumental work is really good in the song, thank God. Fortunately, the Flight 666 live version exists, since Bruce sounds a lot more tolerable there.

chaosapiant

Ancient Marinade
I am curious how Moonchild could ever be overrated? By who? I know of only 3 tours it was played on, two of them being Maiden England and Maiden England 2012/13.

KidInTheDark666

I am curious how Moonchild could ever be overrated? By who? I know of only 3 tours it was played on, two of them being Maiden England and Maiden England 2012/13.
That's true. By overrated I mean that it's IMO not as good as most fans say. It's definitely not overplayed live though.

chaosapiant

Ancient Marinade
Live After Death sucks; among Maiden's live releases, it is only better than A Real Live/Dead One and Donington.
I don't think any Maiden live album sucks, but this one is one I probably listen to the least. Partially because Maiden has so many more albums than the first five and partially because I never realized how strained Bruce sounds compared to later live releases. En Vivo, Rio, DoTR, those are probably my favorites.

The Red and the Black

Educated Fool
Live After Death only "sucks" in retrospect, when we have so many great Maiden live albums to choose from. For a long time, LAD was the only live Maiden we had (except for Maiden Japan EP). I listened to it a million times, loved it, knew every note of it by heart.

I rarely listen to it anymore. I prefer 21st century Maiden live albums now; they're all great, and I like the 3-guitar sound much better. But I still love LAD for what it meant to me for a long time.