Your Maiden blasphemy

The Apparition was my favorite song off of FOTD when I first listened to the album. I was gobsmacked when I joined the online Maiden community to find that it's generally held in the same esteem as Quest for Fire (which was another one that I quite like).

2am is a great song. Maybe not a great "traditional Maiden song", but I like the gloomy atmosphere and the existential crisis lyrics. Steve touched on that lyrical theme before with Infinite Dreams, but that was shrouded in the fantasy story telling. 2am was just to the point.

I like Wrathchild .. this tour is the first time I have heard it in a while (I saw the TFF show when they BTATS instead of it) ... it sounded good, it is a fun live song. On records, it is much lower down my list.

Judging from the current results in the poll, Judgement of Heaven is apparently not commonly thought of as one of the best 10 songs Maiden has ever done. :p

I'm joking because everyone throws a fit whenever Maiden adds Wrathchild to the setlist. Joke failed.. :(
Haha. It is a great song and great live. Just wish it wasn't always the go to set list filler. Similarly I love FOTD but I've heard it live every show I've gone too since 1993. It kinda loses it magic after a while.

Haha. It is a great song and great live. Just wish it wasn't always the go to set list filler. Similarly I love FOTD but I've heard it live every show I've gone too since 1993. It kinda loses it magic after a while.
Actually, it is part of a contractual clause: "Whenever a song is too long or difficult to rehearse, the band shall play "Wrathchild" ". It is called the "Oh-fuck-it-lets-play-wrathchild" clause. ;)

Good thing about Wrathchild is that it's a short song, so it doesn't take up a lot of time in the setlist.

Back