Your Maiden blasphemy

Midas Be My Guide has never been played live and is rarely mentioned in forums and is unknown to most casual fans. So the opinion that's it the hidden gem does not enjoy much popularity. Chains of Misery isn't bad, but I wouldn't call it a gem, just enjoyable filler.
I was thinking specifically for this forum, where Judas Be My Guide seems to be a rather well liked song :) In the context of the worldwide fan community, you're probably right.

I was thinking specifically for this forum, where Judas Be My Guide seems to be a rather well liked song :) In the context of the worldwide fan community, you're probably right.

You managed to quote me and reply before I deleted my post. :) I realized you had a good point.. As for truly unpopular opinions...

I'm sick of hearing Number of the Beast at every live show and on every live album. I'm okay with The Trooper, Fear of the Dark, and Iron Maiden. But why is NotB so essential? It sounds kind of dated and a bit cheesy. How about opening the encore with Caught Somewhere in Time instead?

Heaven Can Wait and Can I Play With Madness are extremely stupid songs sitting uncomfortably among otherwise great albums but even they sound fresh and full of energy compared to the tired, uninspired, thrown-together pseudo-prog meaningless exercises that have been pestering Maiden's releases for a quarter of a century.:ahhh:

I'm sick of hearing Number of the Beast at every live show and on every live album. I'm okay with The Trooper, Fear of the Dark, and Iron Maiden. But why is NotB so essential? It sounds kind of dated and a bit cheesy. How about opening the encore with Caught Somewhere in Time instead?

I am so with you, brother.

Heaven Can Wait and Can I Play With Madness are extremely stupid songs sitting uncomfortably among otherwise great albums but even they sound fresh and full of energy compared to the tired, uninspired, thrown-together pseudo-prog meaningless exercises that have been pestering Maiden's releases for a quarter of a century.:ahhh:
Ouch.

I am unhappy that Maiden chose Ghost as their opening band for the 2017 US tour. Ghost is pretty overtly Luciferian, if not outright Satanic. As a Christian, this is repulsive to me. I love Maiden and have always defended them against accusations of being Satanic. (The Number of the Beast is a warning against the devil.) I don't like Maiden being associated with Ghost.

If I ever decide that Maiden is Satanic (and please God don't let it be true), then I will abandon them.

Back