Your Maiden blasphemy

How can an album with Strange World, Remember Tomorrow and Phantom Of The Opera be a sack of sh**t?

Bruce Dickinson quiet is a poet sometimes.

I'll throw my hat into the ring with a few opinions here.

-Dance of Death is a better album than Brave New World. Admittedly this is probably a personal bias thing because DoD was my first Maiden album. (I'm 21)
-While I like Piece of Mind, it's probably the least of the Bruce albums of the 80s for me.
-Somewhere In Time is a very solid album, but it does not rise to the level of greatness that it is often attributed. I do love the production, but some of the songs aren't so great to me.

It's a damn pop rock song, I don't want that from Maiden. If I want that kind of music, there are many bands that do it better.... The Trooper is at least pure metal, even when butchered by Blaze!
Okay, two things here, not sure if the first opinion will be unpopular or not.

1. Wasted Years is much closer to pop rock than Speed of Light. That doesn't make it bad, but it is what it is.
2. I find it mildly amusing this post was liked by someone who based their username off Rainmaker, which is a lovely song, but is also poppier than SoL.

-Dance of Death is a better album than Brave New World. Admittedly this is probably a personal bias thing because DoD was my first Maiden album. (I'm 21)
-While I like Piece of Mind, it's probably the least of the Bruce albums of the 80s for me.
-Somewhere In Time is a very solid album, but it does not rise to the level of greatness that it is often attributed. I do love the production, but some of the songs aren't so great to me.

Totally agree with 1 and 3 here. I love DOD. It was top three last time I ranked the albums.

I agree with the first at least. :p

Having read the last few pages of the thread, here is an unpopular Maiden opinion for you:

The Nomad is my most favorite Maiden song. It beats out Alexander, Seventh Son, Hallowed, Fear of the Dark and everything else for me.
Absolute favorite track.

Having read the last few pages of the thread, here is an unpopular Maiden opinion for you:

The Nomad is my most favorite Maiden song. It beats out Alexander, Seventh Son, Hallowed, Fear of the Dark and everything else for me.
Absolute favorite track.

I'm glad it is your favourite track. Much more preferable than for everyone to hate it and it to feel like a genuine waste of recording time.

Disagree on points 1 and 3 but definitely with you on Piece of Mind.

I have a hard time deciding if you are mocking me or not.

No I'm being genuine. Even though I don't like the song I'm happy there are people who do. If nothing else people disagreeing with me on it makes me give it another go to try see what I'm missing.

The more I listen to Public Enema the higher it climbs for me..surely in my top 25 for Maiden now.

Also, I've spent some time this week listening to 7th Son, and No Prayer-TXF, and I could possibly be ready to say 7th Son is my least favorite Maiden album. Don't get me wrong, if I had to rate it I'd probably give it at least an 87/100 or so, but it is just the album I usually have the least desire to listen to.

Absolute favorite track.

"To Tame A Land" is my favorite on POM, and for a long time, it was my favorite Maiden track. For some reason at the time, I had skipped from Powerslave all the way to BNW and when first hearing it I was immediately drawn to "The Nomad". The fourteen second intro before the momentary pause is just the beginning of this masterpiece.

What they've done with Beckett's "Life's Shadow" is incredible, but I suppose a mention of thanks on the album notes would make people feel better.

Whoa..insane with that Beckett song. Borrowed lyrics and melody..and that part of the song in Nomad was my favorite part of the song.

Back