Your Maiden blasphemy

No, No, No and No

Curious as to why you think that

It's 10 minutes of music which isn't unenjoyable but which doesn't stick in my head at all after the fact. You ask me to hum a bit of it and I can do the prechorus and the Loss Fer Words bit. Nothing else.

I adore the title track, personally. Second-best song on the album for me. But hey, glad to see we're generating discussion on unpopular opinions from the new album already!

I think the chorus on that song (Prophecy of sky gods...the sun and moon) is the best one on the album.

For me it's the worst, and it wasn't a close call. I can remember the chorus of every single other song but this one draws a blank on me. And it's not due to lack of listening because as a rule I listen to it as a whole album.

Best chorus for me is one of IESF, TGU, WTRRD or SOTV.

But hey, good to know I'm still doing unpopular opinions right.

For me it's the worst, and it wasn't a close call. I can remember the chorus of every single other song but this one draws a blank on me. And it's not due to lack of listening because as a rule I listen to it as a whole album.

Best chorus for me is one of IESF, TGU, WTRRD or SOTV.

But hey, good to know I'm still doing unpopular opinions right.

I think TGU, WTRRD, and SOTV and pretty weak choruses (OK not so much SOTV) but I've listened to TGU over 10 times and I still can't remember much of it.

Best choruses for me are BOS, IESF and maybe ToAC

Just because so

I think TGU, WTRRD, and SOTV and pretty weak choruses (OK not so much SOTV) but I've listened to TGU over 10 times and I still can't remember much of it.

Best choruses for me are BOS, IESF and maybe ToAC

TGU was not one for me at first but it grew on me massively. I love that chorus now.

WTRRD is a chorus in a similar style to Age Of Innocence and Different World in my mind which I love but notice gets plenty of hate on this board.

SOTV is a fantastic song overall and a strong contender for top 10 for me.

IESF and TOAC are both great choruses.

Along with TRATB, WTRRD is the song from the album that has yet to really click for me. It's catchy, but not much else about it stands out to me.

SOTV is a fantastic song, and I really love that chorus. TGU has been a distinct grower for me. IESF is one of my favorite Maiden openers ever, and TOAC is really good, though it hasn't grown on me as much as other songs.

Here's an unpopular opinion

Age of innocence is one of maidens best choruses (top 20 anyway)

I can agree with this. It's definitely unpopular though.

Let me show you how to do a really unpopular opinion:

Starblind is the worst song on TFF by a country mile, and The Final Frontier is the best.

I can agree with this. It's definitely unpopular though.

Let me show you how to do a really unpopular opinion:

Starblind is the worst song on TFF by a country mile.

Wow, that is certainly unpopular. For me its the best song by a country mile. Best lyrics by far, awesome vocal melodies, great performance by Bruce, really catchy in parts, Adrian soloing all over it, the cool 7/8 riff, it ranges from heavy as f#ck to soft and delicate. An almost perfect song in my opinion

Wow, that is certainly unpopular. For me its the best song by a country mile. Best lyrics by far, awesome vocal melodies, great performance by Bruce, really catchy in parts, Adrian soloing all over it, the cool 7/8 riff, it ranges from heavy as f#ck to soft and delicate. An almost perfect song in my opinion

For me the song is like background noise with no punch to it whatsoever. No idea what anyone sees in it.

For me the song is like background noise with no punch to it whatsoever. No idea what anyone sees in it.

I must admit, when I first heard the sample of track before it was released, that is what it sounded like to me, background noise. The below average/poor production on TFF is most evident in this song. It would've sounded so much better on BNW or even SSoaSS or SIT

You either have cheap headphones or cheap speakers, then. Or you have a hard time seperating instruments and instrument parts.

I must admit, when I first heard the sample of track before it was released, that is what it sounded like to me, background noise. The below average/poor production on TFF is most evident in this song. It would've sounded so much better on BNW or even SSoaSS or SIT

That sounds fair. It was a problem for a lot of the album for me (The Talisman and WTWWB being the two I never had the issue with) but I have got a lot more into the album with time; all of TMWWBK, TT, WTWWB, CH and TA are tracks I love listening to now, and the title track is in my top 10. Hopefully Starblind follows and I do put an effort into listening to songs that haven't really clicked but I have always felt it to be the most overrated song on this board.

You either have cheap headphones or cheap speakers, then. Or you have a hard time seperating instruments and instrument parts.

It's more likely the latter, particularly as I am not a musician and don't have the keenest ears. It might also to be to do with the quality of the digital copy I have. After getting the CD for TBOS and ripping it as FLAC I did also purchase a CD of TFF (As I found the Mission edition going cheap and good quality) so when that arrives I'll see if that makes a difference.

Back