Your Maiden blasphemy

What was the point then? Explain.
Did you not read what i said in context of the discussion? I was arguing that the lyrics on TXF are more deep and meaningful than on NPFTD, his argument was that no literary professor would except the lyrics as deep & meaningful and i was pointing out he was taking things too seriously

Did you not read what i said in context of the discussion? I was arguing that the lyrics on TXF are more deep and meaningful than on NPFTD, his argument was that no literary professor would except the lyrics as deep & meaningful and i was pointing out he was taking things too seriously

Dude no reason to be hostile, just trying to make sure I fully understand before bringing up my interpretation. Your point seemed to me that heavy metal isn't a high art form hence why you saw him as taking it too seriously. IMO it can very much be a high art form.

Dude no reason to be hostile, just trying to make sure I fully understand before bringing up my interpretation. Your point seemed to me that heavy metal isn't a high art form hence why you saw him as taking it too seriously. IMO it can very much be a high art form.

That was my original point about TXF but he wouldn't except it. also if you're wanting serious metal lyrics you can do better than The Big 4 of Thrash

That was my original point about TXF but he wouldn't except it. also if you're wanting serious metal lyrics you can do better than The Big 4 of Thrash

Look no further than the mighty Manowar!

Heavy metal or no metal at all,
Wimps and posers, leave the hall.

That's just a joke to lighten the mood btw.
A lot of metal bands are quite erudite, therefore their music can be as well.

There are at least 3 better songs than sign of the cross on the x factor.

2am, Judgment of heaven and Fortunes of war

Ok. Ill jump in here and give mine since y'all asked so kindly.

No Prayer for the Dying is the last great Maiden album until A Matter of Life and Death.

The last 3 are all brilliant.

Ok. Ill jump in here and give mine since y'all asked so kindly.

No Prayer for the Dying is the last great Maiden album until A Matter of Life and Death.

The last 3 are all brilliant.

Why don't you like Brave New World so much ?

Just curious

And in my opinion fear of the dark and the x factor are both much better than NPFTD, the only song that I feel is above average on NPFTD is the title track and maybe fates warning

Just curious

And in my opinion fear of the dark and the x factor are both much better than NPFTD, the only song that I feel is above average on NPFTD is the title track and maybe fates warning

Its not that I dislike it so much as I think the other three are way better.

Just curious

I know this wasn't specifically addressed to me but having ranked the album as 10th out of the Bruce albums I thought I'd expand on my personal thoughts for it.

For me this album has a few good tracks in The Wicker Man, Blood Brothers, The Fallen Angel and Dream Of Mirrors. However none of them are what I'd consider essential tracks, and I wouldn't call any of them massive standouts in the vein of, say, Paschendale. It doesn't have a track I'd put in my top 20, for example, which most other albums have.

The rest of the album ranges from good when I'm in the mood (Brave New World, The Thin Line Between Love And Hate) to flat-out dislike (The Nomad) which is odd for me outside of the darker parts of Fear Of The Dark.What this adds up to me for is an album I appreciate for the good half, but which I rarely if ever feel the need to listen to as a full album.

I've always harboured the opinion this album is horribly overrated because it was the first reunion album. Heck, whilst the top end of Brave New World is certainly better than No Prayer For The Dying, I find the latter album much more enjoyable to listen to fully.

Man, The Nomad is like nectar for my ears. My mind goes far when I listen to this song, specially the part between 4:36 to 7:51.

How can you flat out dislike it?

For me it's a masterpiece!

Reactions: jcv
I love Brave New World, but The Nomad is the weakest song there. The music is brilliant, but I really don't like the vocals. Also, it would have been a much better song if they left off that final verse and just played out instrumentally.

Man, The Nomad is like nectar for my ears. My mind goes far when I listen to this song, specially the part between 4:36 to 7:51.

How can you flat out dislike it?

For me it's a masterpiece!

I recall saying in another thread that the only thing I appreciate about it is the irony of a song called "The Nomad" never going anywhere.

Obviously an exaggeration but the song seems to go on and doesn't catch my interest anywhere. I will look at the timing thinking I've got most of the way through the 9 minutes and nope, barely 3 minutes in.

For me it's probably a bottom 10 Maiden song. But that's fine. I have a good 4 or 5 songs from this album I regularly listen to in various playlists or on shuffle so as far as I'm concerned the album is worth its cost - I just don't rate it as much as an album as a result.

I really like Nomad. I pretty much like everything on BNW now, even Dream Of Mirrors has grown on me a little bit, but Thin Line is still the epitome of average.

Back