Your Maiden blasphemy

What I like the most in songs like The Nomad, Face in the Sand and The Man Who Would Be King is that those songs grows slowly and naturally. They send us to another place if we just jump in that boat and pay attention.

What I like the most in songs like The Nomad, Face in the Sand and The Man Who Would Be King is that those songs grows slowly and naturally. They send us to another place if we just jump in that boat and pay attention.

I love the latter two. Nomad just doesn't scratch an itch.

Nomad doesn't bother me much until the instrumental section, which I love....although that bears real similarities to another song, which was pointed out some time ago on this forum. I can't remember what that was, now, but suddenly The Nomad didn't sound entirely original.

Last edited:

I think the man the would be king is a pretty bad song. The intro and outro is beautiful but everything else is a bit meh in my opinion. The verses are especially annoying with Bruce's lackluster vocals, a lot of TFF suffers due to this style of singing. You could have made the case that he can't go 100% all the time but TBOS would prove that argument wrong

I think the man the would be king is a pretty bad song. The intro and outro is beautiful but everything else is a bit meh in my opinion. The verses are especially annoying with Bruce's lackluster vocals, a lot of TFF suffers due to this style of singing. You could have made the case that he can't go 100% all the time but TBOS would prove that argument wrong

I like the vocals on this music. I think Bruce sings in different ways in the same song. But I undertand and, of course, respect your opinion.

I'm in the camp that thinks the raw production does the material justice. I really don't think it sounds bad. Every instrument is crystal clear and the unpolished sound is cool. I'm glad they got Martin Birch for the second album, but the debut has a cool punk edge.

As for the Nomad, honestly the Beckett thing kinda ruined the song for me. Only because that section was the only part of The Nomad I really enjoyed. Knowing that they didn't even write that cheapens it for me.

As for the Nomad, honestly the Beckett thing kinda ruined the song for me. Only because that section was the only part of The Nomad I really enjoyed. Knowing that they didn't even write that cheapens it for me.

Ditto. It went from a 4/5 song flirting with 5/5 to 3/5 song flirting with 2/5 for me.

It's easy to see Bruce's point, and he's right about the comparative value of the production. As a collection of songs though, Killers suffers from being made up in large part of material they thought wasn't good enough for the debut.

Back