Your Maiden blasphemy

Since you're a declared official member of the Favourite-Maiden-Guitarist-is-Dave-Murray club, you should take all of my comments as gentle banter and in no way intended to offend.

I like Rainmaker too; it's just, there's plenty to like on AMoLaD & TFF too.

Since you're a declared official member of the Favourite-Maiden-Guitarist-is-Dave-Murray club, you should take all of my comments as gentle banter and in no way intended to offend.

I like Rainmaker too; it's just, there's plenty to like on AMoLaD & TFF too.

I dunno still with The Rageaholic on this one, though many of his opinions I disagree with (for example Seventh Son is an incredible record).

Only thing that sometimes puts me off of listening to a Maiden track as much as I'd like is over repetition of the vocals. Brave new world is a prime example. Some of their older songs are overrated too.

Also, since I moved to the USA from the UK Number of the Beast is the first song that your average Joe off the street knows of and instantly brings out their firm belief that the band are a bunch of devil worshipers and potentially dangerous when you couldn't really be further from the truth.

I like the music and the great 4 octave sometimes operatic with a broad range off effects that Bruce's voice brings to the table. I'd like people to know other songs like Rhyme of the ancient Mariner, Powerslave, Alexander the Great, To Tame a Land, or the tricky vocals of Monsegur. Hidden gems that shouldn't have been B sides like Total Eclipse.

I do like their signature tracks like Number of the beast and Run to the Hills, but there is so much more and much of it is a lot better. And especially live where so/so songs like The Clansman really come to life.

The cover of NOTB is bad.
So is cyborg eddie from SIT.
TFFs prEDator however is awesome.
So is the floating VXI eddie.

Just give me a headstart before lynching me.

The cover of NOTB is bad.
So is cyborg eddie from SIT.
TFFs prEDator however is awesome.
So is the floating VXI eddie.

Just give me a headstart before lynching me.

- The cover of NOTB is terrible, agreed.
- Cyborg Eddie is cool, I just wished they had used some shadow on him instead of putting him in full light.
- Meh.
- Cool idea, meh artwork.

Go easy on me..

Powerslave (song) - I think is lyrically silly, and musically boring.

SSoaSS (song) - is lame.

Aces High - The way Bruce sings ruins the whole song for me, especially during the pre chorus, it is aggressively cheesy, especially the growl in his voice. The band sounds like a try hard teen garage band being hardcore.

Paschendale - Is a shrill pile of mud. The worst part being the "Blood is falling like the rain". The whole thing gives me a headache. Call me old, but it's just a bunch of noise. Also, the guitar at the start sounds like video game music. Too bad the lyrics are so good.

I think all of the reunion albums are better than anything they've done in the 80's.

I like No Prayer and Virtual XI better than Powerslave and SSoaSS (albums).

Last edited:
I've never thought "Paschendale" to be anything over 'okay' actually. It's one of my least favourite tracks of the whole album, and until I joined this forum I didn't know anyone thought better of it than that.

Reactions: Gk1
Back