Yeah, here's unpopular:

Greatest Maiden albums ever:
1. AMOLAD
2. TBOS
3. The X Factor
4. Fear of the Dark
5. Powerslave

;)

Unpopular is something like, Brave New World is my least favorite Maiden album.

True story.

I pity the people who think and speak so low of their least favourite Maiden albums. These people miss out/don't have a clue/have narrow minded view and/or limited taste (pick the least irritating option). They do not enjoy the band's catalogue as much as people (who see good things -not just on a few songs; on most songs-) who like their least favourite Maiden records.

Yes, that is an unpopular opinion.

small-violin.gif

I pity the people who think and speak so low of their least favourite Maiden albums. These people miss out/don't have a clue/have narrow minded view and/or limited taste (pick the least irritating option). They do not enjoy the band's catalogue as much as people (who see good things -not just on a few songs; on most songs-) who like their least favourite Maiden records.

Personally, Brave New World is my least favorite Maiden album. But I still enjoy it. What I've seemed to find is that a song I didn't care for while listening to the entire album I suddenly liked when only listening to that song. Maybe I'm more of a song person. I dunno. BNW is still a good album, just kind of 'meh' compared to the rest of their material.

Just an opinion, of course.

And possibly also a narrow-minded opinion too. :lol:

There are no bad Iron Maiden albums, but The X Factor is my least favorite by far. It's just one big gray depressing mass to me. Most of the songs just blend together. Sign of the Cross is a great song, though (when Bruce sings it). The switch to Blaze was just too jarring. Virtual XI is much "poppier" and easier to listen to.

Fear of the Dark is a great album, top 3 for me.

There are no bad Iron Maiden albums, but The X Factor is my least favorite by far. It's just one big gray depressing mass to me. Most of the songs just blend together. Sign of the Cross is a great song, though (when Bruce sings it). The switch to Blaze was just too jarring. Virtual XI is much "poppier" and easier to listen to.

Fear of the Dark is a great album, top 3 for me.

I'm gonna disregard your dislike of TXF just for the FOTD praise :ok:

I'll speak more about it when it shows up on my album rankings, but I kinda agree with you about TXF. It is kinda bleak and depressing, but individually the songs are great. And Sign of the Cross is, of course, a masterpiece, and Lord of the Flies is fucking awesome.

Dave is my favorite of the amigos
VXI>TXF
NPFTD is actually a really solid album, and was appropriate after SSOASS
Janick is the second best songwriter in the band
The Prophecy is far from the worst song on SSOASS, and is really underrated

Back