Your Maiden blasphemy

MaidenCanada

Trooper
I don't think Iron Maiden has made a perfect 10/10 album.

Their discography is mostly 8/10 and 9/10 albums (except for the 90s where they range from 4/10 to 7/10), but no single iron Maiden album is what I would consider "perfect".

The Red and the Black

Educated Fool

Their discography is mostly 8/10 and 9/10 albums (except for the 90s where they range from 4/10 to 7/10), but no single iron Maiden album is what I would consider "perfect".
I was listening to Powerslave the other day. Every note from beginning to end is perfect, and the production is perfection itself. That album sounds incredible, thanks to Martin Birch. Great songs + perfect production = 10/10, in my opinion.

Plus how can you top an album that finishes with Powerslave + Rime of the Ancient Mariner? It's pure unadulterated epicness.

Black Bart

Ancient Mariner

I would replace "the 90s" by "the reunion period", by I agree with your main idea.

John Silver

Electric Buddy
I was listening to Powerslave the other day. Every note from beginning to end is perfect, and the production is perfection itself. That album sounds incredible, thanks to Martin Birch. Great songs + perfect production = 10/10, in my opinion.

Plus how can you top an album that finishes with Powerslave + Rime of the Ancient Mariner? It's pure unadulterated epicness.
Ya said it - Birch was the mastermind of Maiden. After he retired it was ALL downhill

AlexandertheMariner

What became of the man that started?

Powerslave and SIT are both 10/10's for me personally. Flawless albums from front to back!

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner

Agreed, although I would argue that the "perfect" album does not exist, or at least I cannot think of any album in which I would rate all songs and aspects of it with 10/10.

When it comes to Maiden, my top 5 albums are TNOTB, SSOASS, POM, Powerslave and AMOLAD, and each of them have aspects that prevent them from being perfect.

Anyway, I cannot think of any band with so many strong albums, most impressively including 7 in a row!

Magnus

Feinperlig
Agreed, although I would argue that the "perfect" album does not exist, or at least I cannot think of any album in which I would rate all songs and aspects of it with 10/10.
I can, but you're not into that kind of music I think.
Anyway, I cannot think of any band with so many strong albums, most impressively including 7 in a row!
Again I can (e.g. Primordial, Enslaved), and again see above.

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
I can, but you're not into that kind of music I think.

Again I can (e.g. Primordial, Enslaved), and again see above.
You are right, I'm not into that type of music.

I could argue that Wishbone Ash's "Argus", Boston's debut album, AC/DC's "Back in Black" and Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Cosmo's Factory" and "Pendulum" come close to being perfect, but there are some things here and there that I think are not 10/10.

Last edited: