Your Maiden blasphemy

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by mckindog, Feb 4, 2011.

1. KidInTheDark666

KidInTheDark666 The island where the souls of dead are reborn

I would really love to here it too, but I think it's one of those songs that have 0% chance to ever get played. Alexander the Great is more likely than that.

2. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 As you scream into the web of silence...

"Isle" isn't one of Maiden's best overall but I love the vivid and descriptive lyrics it has. That chorus is pretty strong, yeah.

KidInTheDark666 likes this.
  3. Number 6

Number 6 Ancient Mariner

I think it's got some of the most urgent and atmospheric instrumentals they've ever come up with.

4. Meliegree

Meliegree I don't care

I think Janick is now more important to the band than Murray.

TheOriginalPard and Bombusbombus like this.
  5. Jer

Jer CriedWhenJanickStayed

If importance is measured by prancing ability, then sure.

6. Meliegree

Meliegree I don't care

I would like to respond with "Oh, I never heard this argument in the last 30 years so it's quite original but this prancing elf was a better songwriter than Murray in last 20 - 25 years" but I'm better than that. ;)

Spambot, Bombusbombus, Mosh and 5 others like this.
  7. Kalata

Kalata Out of the Silent Planet

IOA's chorus is pure gold. The song itself is a hidden gem.

8. Jer

Jer CriedWhenJanickStayed

Too bad that my argument and Janick’s songwriting are equally original. Perhaps I should start exclusively creating posts by cutting and pasting the better sentences from popular posts of the past and mixing up the grammar a little...

9. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

Janick's songwriting is far more important to the band than Dave Murray at this point. His recorded solos are not. Live...they both play about equally sloppily these days.

Spambot, Jer, Meliegree and 1 other person like this.
  10. Mandume

Mandume Prowler

It's sloppy and even out of time at times. Doesn't really matter though, it all came together at the end, which is what matters.