Your Maiden blasphemy

Dance Of Death is one of Maiden's 5 best albums.

Am I doing the unpopular part right?

DOD suffers for the same reason the 90s albums do, really good songs (Rainmaker, Montsegur, Dance of Death, Paschendale) but surrounded by really weak songs (Gates of Tomorrow, New Frontier, Face in the Sand, Age of Innocence)

Reactions: jcv
After listening to The Book of Souls for the first time, a small part of me thought "I kind of hope they don't make another album, I don't know how they are going to top this". But with Maiden it is entirely possible to match or exceed it :)

My unpopular opinion is that for a moment I thought "I kind of hope they don't make another album because the last couple have disappointed me and I don't want them to get worse and worse and tarnish their legacy". I'm guessing mine will be more unpopular than yours :lol:

DOD suffers for the same reason the 90s albums do, really good songs (Rainmaker, Montsegur, Dance of Death, Paschendale) but surrounded by really weak songs (Gates of Tomorrow, New Frontier, Face in the Sand, Age of Innocence)

I get this is the reason people say it suffers but it's just not a reason I agree with. I absolutely love Wildest Dreams for its energy, chorus and what I consider to be a fantastic solo and outro (I consider it better than Rainmaker and Montsegur actually and I still love those songs). Gates Of Tomorrow and New Frontier are probably the weakest songs but I still enjoy them and think they have their redeeming parts. Face In The Sand is great and Age Of Innocence has an absolutely killer chorus in my mind. This said I've noticed other songs with similar style choruses (Different World, When The River Runs Deep) don't get a lot of love either.

I definitely agree that the epics are fantastic but I don't view any of the shorter songs as filler which is the main difference for my Ranking compared to others.

Putting Can I Play with Madness after Infinite Dreams on SSOASS is the biggest misstep of Iron Maiden's career

I find this review rather honest, for my part. I subscribe to the fact this is not an excellent album but that it bears excellent ideas. I would rate it higher though.
I don't think anyone would accuse it of being dishonest. I just don't agree with it in the slightest.

I find this review rather honest, for my part. I subscribe to the fact this is not an excellent album but that it bears excellent ideas. I would rate it higher though.

Read the review and disagree with practically all of it.
Of course AMG is entitled to his opinion, however I just don't understand how anyone cannot grasp the sheer quality contained within TBOS.
Give it time...

H is so great, he has created me to oppose him, so that everyone could point at me and say "Hey, he did not brainwash us, see? There's another opinion!" :D

(But then again, of course, there is the basic Devin quote "I am so omniscient that if there were two omnisciences, I would be both!", so watch your step around me :D )

I respect the way AMG details his opinions, and his right to have them however he wants them.

However, I am in complete disagreement with him on almost everything Iron Maiden. So, good for him. Glad he has a platform, glad he makes money on his ads or whatever, but I think he is not a very notable Iron Maiden fan.

Back