Your Maiden blasphemy

With my love for NPFTD *my #1 Maiden album ever* I agree with argument about lyrics, not so much with the rest. And Bruce sounds great.

I'd put TXF a bit lower and Killers a bit higher, but generally agree with him
Except his thoughts about Powerslave album :p

i don't care how this dude rates the albums but to rip the lyrics of npftd and then praise the lyrics of x factor seems a little bit INSANE
Um. No.

A bunch of the songs on No Prayer have insipid lyrics. They might be fun to sing, but the lyrical content of TXF is superior to all preceding albums and successive ones up to AMOLAD.

Um. No.

A bunch of the songs on No Prayer have insipid lyrics. They might be fun to sing, but the lyrical content of TXF is superior to all preceding albums and successive ones up to AMOLAD.

Not sure if it's superior to BNW. It's a close call imo. Behind starblind and paschendale I think brave new world (the song) has the best written lyrics out of any maiden song. But then again, apart from the title track, blood brothers, ghost of the navigator, out of the silent planet and maybe dream of mirrors, none other lyrics really stand out

Um. No.

the lyrics on no prayer are pretty good, more diverse and flow effortlessly, they are tongue and cheek and god forbid are not about war . and i think the x factor pretty average for the most part. clunky not anywhere near the level of story telling of some of their work. i guess you guys just like lyrics revolved around self pity. that's cool with me

@JAMSKING
I think most people would prefer lyrics about self contemplation and the meaning of life than lyrics about assassins and sadomasochism

Another unpopular opinion

Half of Powerslave is pretty poor and I would take the x factor and virual XI over piece of mind and Powerslave any day of the week.

@JAMSKING
I think most people would prefer lyrics about self contemplation and the meaning of life than lyrics about assassins and sadomasochism
that is a fair point so do i, though lyrics about an assassin is pretty cool in my book. my point is the lyrics,not the lyrical content aren't very good. one would assume it would be easy to prove how great the lyrics to that album are by simply quoting them, they are written down, and letting everyone bask in there genius but nobody seems wants to do that. I mean, i know he's one of the boys and i really didn't mean to get your panties all in a bunch.

i honestly don't know why i insist on being an ass about this but it's probably because you guys made definitive statements and twisted my statements as being butthurt over where he put npftd but it was all about x factor
the statement that he made convincing arguments for his placement
is what i'm specifically referring too.

he made not a single reference to brilliant or even good songwriting
he made not a single reference to an exceptional performance his only comment was shaky vocals
he made not a single reference to the great sound of the record referred to as flat i do believe
in fact he even conceded that he couldn't really justify his placement early on in his write up.
what he did do was gush over the lyrics for two paragraphs
i am assuming this but i would believe he believes the lyrics are genius, it is four on his list without a single other reference regarding the quality of the album.
i think most literary professors would dismiss these lyrics upon review as the ramblings of a depressed 9th grader with a war fetish.

i will leave your little community now obviously you're not as into intelligent debate as you are winning the internet. enjoy the tour! up the irons!!!

After listening to The Book of Souls for the first time, a small part of me thought "I kind of hope they don't make another album, I don't know how they are going to top this". But with Maiden it is entirely possible to match or exceed it :)

i will leave your little community now obviously you're not as into intelligent debate as you are winning the internet. enjoy the tour! up the irons!!!

I'd rate language pretty high up among criteria for such a debate to be possible. Many here, me included, are not native speakers and make countless mistakes while writing - but at least we're trying.

i think most literary professors would dismiss these lyrics upon review as the ramblings of a depressed 9th grader with a war fetish.

Any literature professor worth a damn would acknowledge that heavy metal lyrics has to be judged while taking the performance into consideration - the performance is the 'real thing', not the lyrics on a piece of paper, that is taking them out of context.

Back