Your Maiden blasphemy

"pop rock song" and now I'm 100% sure that you're just a troll. :)

Anyway, I was on Blaze show in Poland years ago and that was amazing.
Band suck a little but still - after that night I can't say anything bad about Blaze. I had a chance to talk with him for a minute or two and he is amazing guy.

"pop rock song" and now I'm 100% sure that you're just a troll. :)

Anyway, I was on Blaze show in Poland years ago and that was amazing.
Band suck a little but still - after that night I can't say anything bad about Blaze. I had a chance to talk with him for a minute or two and he is amazing guy.

Whatever it is, it surely doesn't resemble metal. I think pop rock is a good name for it.

Whatever it is, it surely doesn't resemble metal. I think pop rock is a good name for it.

The Trooper isn't metal: bright production, simple structure, big catchy chorus, melodic vocals.
It's clearly pop-rock, product of a young band manipulated into pandering to brain-dead '80s party boys.
I'm glad the band has progressed past that and is now producing adult music.
If it's metal you want, why are you on an Iron Maiden forum?

As you probably know Maiden nearly always play their songs too fast live. H used to complain about it a lot..

Oh Adrian really did? I wasn't aware of that. I too find it way offputting how they speed up the songs, while I sometimes even think the studio versions are too fast. I totally think Maiden should make slower songs. It doesn't suit their current style anymore to make fast songs. Their sound has progressed too much for it. Anyone agree with this?

Man Adrian Smith knows a lot. The guy is amazing. He complained about how The Final Frontier turned out as well, he wanted more reverb on the album but Harris wouldn't allow it. And I totally agreed with Smith.
Smith knows his stuff.

Trooper going fast is the one that bugs me, especially in terms of Bruce's vocals. His voice isn't perhaps as agile as it once was, and it sounds like he's struggling to keep up.

Man Adrian Smith knows a lot. The guy is amazing. He complained about how The Final Frontier turned out as well, he wanted more reverb on the album but Harris wouldn't allow it. And I totally agreed with Smith.
Smith knows his stuff.
Adrian Smith fact #234231

But yeah, I totally agree with Smith - little changes in SOL means a lot after last album (and for me TFF is #2 Maiden album ever)

Maiden playing the songs from SSOASS too fast live was one if the reasons he left in 89...
Also he didn't like the idea of NPFTD having a stripped down production.

As more and more people reference The Wicker Man in comparison to Speed of Light it has gotten me thinking that I don't really see the big deal about The Wicker Man. Now to be fair I was not listening to Maiden when this single was released, so perhaps it was the excitement of the reunion that really solidified it's place as a modern classic. Don't get me wrong, it's a good and enjoyable tune but every time I listen to it 2 things pop in my mind. The main riff is very unoriginal (Maiden themselves used it in the verses of Futureal and of course Priest used it in Running Wild) and the other is the chorus. I much prefer the radio edit where it has the second line of lyrics. It's a simple addition but to me it adds just enough to break up the repetitiveness.

Having said all that, the rest of the guitar playing, the drumming, the lyrics, vocal melodies and live versions are all fantastic :) I'm just curious if anyone else feels the same way about it as me.

The Wicker Man is one of the greatest Maiden tunes ever, let alone reunion songs. The vocals are incredible, the chorus and outro are huge, and it features my absolute favorite Adrian Smith solo of all time.

When looking at it critically people are keen to say things like, "the riffs are simplistic, etc. etc.", but come on, folks: go back and look at songs like Sanctuary, Running Free, Run to the Hills, Flight of Icarus...none of it was any more complicated than Wicker Man.

The Wicker Man is one of the greatest Maiden tunes ever, let alone reunion songs.
Please tell me you're on the drink or something? :blink:
When looking at it critically people are keen to say things like, "the riffs are simplistic, etc. etc.", but come on, folks: go back and look at songs like Sanctuary, Running Free, Run to the Hills, Flight of Icarus...none of it was any more complicated than Wicker Man.
And?

Back