Your Maiden blasphemy

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by mckindog, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Palpy

Palpy Blacker than the night

What about those lyrics? "Soulless demons laughing in a sea of madness" "Lay in fear as the dark raven crows" "Praying that they wouldn’t die"

Number 6 likes this.
  2. Black Abyss Babe

Black Abyss Babe Ocean soul

Well, quite. Actually "Sea of Madness" was the first reference I spotted (mainly because it wasn't exactly subtle :D) I think there are a few references in other songs too.

3. Number 6

Number 6 Ancient Mariner

There's the musical reference to "Wasted Years".

Collin and KidInTheDark666 like this.
  4. KidInTheDark666

KidInTheDark666 Ghost of Benjamin Breeg

Many people would call it a rip-off.

5. Collin

Collin King of Listmakers

Maiden has played what is essentially the same riff in Ghengis Khan, Hallowed, and Infinite Dreams but no one is complaining.

Papa Roach also ripped it off.

KidInTheDark666 likes this.
  6. Christoffer

Christoffer Nomad

Fear of the Dark is a shit sandwich, first 3 songs and the title track are good. Everything in between is crap

7. KidInTheDark666

Fugitive, Judas and Wasting love are certainly not crap. But I agree that FOTD has some of their worst songs.

Jer likes this.
  8. Kalata

Kalata Out of the Silent Planet

This album has only 3 bad songs and with ''bad'' I mean for Maiden standards.

9. KidInTheDark666

Bruce sounds better on TFF than on TBOS.

10. Kalata

Well, for me he sounds a bit better on TBOS. He is a beast on the studio version on The Talisman though.

11. John Silver

John Silver Shoddy Buddy

A wheezing beast at that, buddy.

12. Kalata

He is a beast both studio and live, so no point in your comment, buddy.

13. Jer

Jer Machine Man

That’s a terrible thing for a fan to say about Paul Di’anno, no matter how true it might be.

Charlay 4 Life!! :shred:

14. Saphrax

Saphrax Shadowman 9

I find Gangland to be a catchy tune. I also don’t hate Wrathchild as long as The Ides of March is played beforehand.

I still cannot get into DoD even after 12 years of trying to give it its due. It’s the one post-reunion album that I seldom listen to and then only within my overall Maiden playlist, never on its own.

15. MW564

MW564 Educated Fool

Not even Paschendale?

Collin likes this.
  16. Jer

Jer Machine Man

I will never understand the love for this disjointed mess of a song and its terrible verses.

CriedWhenBrucieLeft likes this.
  17. Collin

Collin King of Listmakers

You hurt my soul.

MW564, KidInTheDark666 and Edington like this.
  18. KidInTheDark666

Paschendale is great, but only my 4th favorite from the album. Actually the album has only 5 great songs.

19. MW564

MW564 Educated Fool

The verses are by far and away my favorite part of the song and close to my favorite by Maiden. But hey, I'm not here to tell you how to think.

20. Jer

Jer Machine Man

Glad you like it. For me, poorly phrased vocals almost-but-not-quite doubling the backing guitars while doing the same brain dead descending melody over and over and over again is nothing to get excited about.