Your Maiden blasphemy

Gates of Tomorrow is the only bad song on Dance of Death.

If it wasn't awful production, I'd rank it very highly in my list of favourite Maiden albums.

1. The Wicker Man starts out awesome.

2. The entire middle instrumental section is really great with the heavy riff followed by the high tone lick.

3. Adrian's solo is truly one of a kind here. It sounds so different than his usual stuff. Sounds 'bluesy' or something? I lack the ability to find a better description for it.

To be honest, I only really really like SSOASS and The Clairvoyant from that album. The Evil That Men do is good also but not as great as the first mentioned two. I think the rest of the album is really not that special. Kinda tiring to listen to for me. Like others have pointed out also, it's really hard to listen to it from start to finish. Tires my ears out.
But since it features the title track which is an absolute monster of a song, really one of the best songs they ever accomplished, it is hard for me to say "the album SSOASS sucks'. The title track has that much weight.

I'd say half of the songs are definite classics (Infinite Dreams, TETMD, the title track and The Clairvoyant). Personally I also find Moonchild, The Prophecy and Only The Good Die Young to be very good songs, but I'm aware that opinions are more divided on those.

Oh wow I totally forgot about Only The Good Die Young. That is an unbelievably magical song. Jesus how could I not remember that song.

Back