Your Maiden blasphemy

It's just hard to believe that a fan of Maiden could hate HBTN. If there ever was a song that perfectly showcases what the band is all about, it would have to be that one. It's not my favorite, but I certainly consider it one of their best. To each their own of course, but...wow...that one's difficult to comprehend.

Yeah, I know. The thing is - I like parts of HBTN. Lyrics are good, solos are great and riff are amazing but if you put this all together - for me it's awful. Dunno why, i just can't stand this song.

It's just hard to believe that a fan of Maiden could hate HBTN. If there ever was a song that perfectly showcases what the band is all about, it would have to be that one. It's not my favorite, but I certainly consider it one of their best. To each their own of course, but...wow...that one's difficult to comprehend.

Nailed it. However I can respect Meliegree's opinion... even if I strongly disagree with it. ;)

I hate Nothing Else Matters. Not big on The Unforgiven either.

As for Hallowed, I don't hate it but I wouldn't rank it among my favorites. Maybe not even my favorite from the Beast album.

So, if you like the riffs, solos and lyrics, what exactly is left to hate? The arrangement? Hallowed is basically the blueprint for the Maiden epic. It's not like a Metallica fan not liking Nothing Else Matters rather a Metallica fan not liking Creeping Death or Master of Puppets. Boggles the mind.

I kinda get what he's saying. I agree that everything is there, but when you put it all together it just doesn't click for me the way it does for most people. I wouldn't go as far as to say I hate the song, just not a favorite.

So, if you like the riffs, solos and lyrics, what exactly is left to hate? The arrangement? Hallowed is basically the blueprint for the Maiden epic. It's not like a Metallica fan not liking Nothing Else Matters rather a Metallica fan not liking Creeping Death or Master of Puppets. Boggles the mind.

This.

But, Meliegree has fulfilled the purpose of this thread. That Hallowed suc ... sorry, I can't even write that ... is the epitome of an unpopular opinion on a Maiden forum.

This.

But, Meliegree has fulfilled the purpose of this thread. That Hallowed suc ... sorry, I can't even write that ... is the epitome of an unpopular opinion on a Maiden forum.

Agree. But this same forum ranks Killers as one of the worst Maiden album, so... for me has became quite normal to read those things.

I kinda get what he's saying. I agree that everything is there, but when you put it all together it just doesn't click for me the way it does for most people. I wouldn't go as far as to say I hate the song, just not a favorite.
This.

I hate it beacuse everything is there but as whole it doesn't click for me. End of story. : )

I don't think there's any very popular Maiden song that I hate. I think songs like Dance Of Death and Seventh Son are very good, just that they get more praise than they deserve. They're still easily on my shuffle though. (essentially my top 75 Maiden songs)

What seems to be an unpopular opinion around here is that I think besides two abysmal songs that drag the entire album down, FOTD is a good album. BQOBD, Wasting Love, ATSS and FOTD are all great, and there's some other decent stuff there too.

Killers is the worst Iron Maiden album that was released in 1981.
How can you say this? Surely Killers was the best Iron Maiden album released in 1981? :ninja:

I don't think there's any very popular Maiden song that I hate. I think songs like Dance Of Death and Seventh Son are very good, just that they get more praise than they deserve. They're still easily on my shuffle though. (essentially my top 75 Maiden songs)

What seems to be an unpopular opinion around here is that I think besides two abysmal songs that drag the entire album down, FOTD is a good album. BQOBD, Wasting Love, ATSS and FOTD are all great, and there's some other decent stuff there too.
I mostly like FOTD.

Speaking of songs that rule that don't get nearly enough love - The Pilgrim. Great rocking tune, love the Arabic sounding harmonies and the lyrics are great. It gets overlooked a lot by all the epics on A Matter of Life and Death but I find it a totally awesome song.

I think it is one of the best songs on the album. The guitar work is excellent! And of course everything else about it is top notch as well.

The Pilgrim was always a weak song to me when I first heard AMOLAD, feeling more like a NPFTD track, but after seeing it live I have grown to really like it now.

Back