Your Maiden blasphemy

Murders in the rue morgue is freakin brilliant, Very powerful relentless rocker That just keeps coming at you . Perhaps my favorite individual Dianno performance. Prodigal' is also incredibly under appreciated IMO. Typical Maiden? Not. Murray pouring his soul out here. Unique track, and Dave has expressed his extreme satisfaction for it and how it's one that ended up exactly how he envisioned it. The tracks, production, artwork... all match up perfectly. Ungodly great album. Don't love KILLERS? BLASPHEMY!!

Murders in the rue morgue is freakin brilliant, Very powerful relentless rocker That just keeps coming at you . Perhaps my favorite individual Dianno performance. Prodigal' is also incredibly under appreciated IMO. Typical Maiden? Not. Murray pouring his soul out here. Unique track, and Dave has expressed his extreme satisfaction for it and how it's one that ended up exactly how he envisioned it. The tracks, production, artwork... all match up perfectly. Ungodly great album. Don't love KILLERS? BLASPHEMY!!
Like... I don't not love Killers, it's just that by comparison, it's underwhelming. That said, it's got some of my favorite Di'Anno era tracks - March, Wrathchild, Murders, Khan, and Killers are all tops. It's just that the other tracks are pretty meh.

Completely agree. It's a top drawer record from start to finish. Once I joined the Maiden online community eons ago, I was gobsmacked to see that it's near the bottom of most people's lists!

Yah I've always viewed killers as the jump off point of the so called "golden era" in fact. Seem -less transition from an amazing new bands' beginning s in the debut album, to a finished product in #of the beast.
In my ears an upgraded, polished version of the 1st album, with hints of the greatness to follow. I've often wondered how I would have felt back then, learning that they were changing vocalists..?..( before my time ). Probably would have been chuffed until hearing the almighty Bruce.

Killers is a great album and in my book it's straight up better than the debut, Number of the Beast, 90s offerings (possibly minus X Factor), and Dance of Death. I have three Maiden buckets; top one contains albums that I think have no filler and work as an album experience from start to finish. Middle bucket is for albums compromising some of those qualities, bottom bucket is for albums that I never listen from start to finish (anymore), and have several songs I deem as highly substandard

Top : Piece of Mind, Somewhere in Time, Seventh Son, A Matter of Life and Death, The Book of Souls
Middle : Number of the Beast, Killers, Powerslave, No Prayer for the Dying, The X Factor, Brave New World, The Final Frontier
Bottom : Iron Maiden, Fear of the Dark, Virtual XI, Dance of Death

They do change places, TFF didn't live up to top bucket, I found a lot of love for NPFTD recently because it is the most fun ride of the 90s, album flows quite well, while having a few serious songs too. TXF for instance has always been a somewhat drawn out experience and as a very moody album it requires a certain moment on the listener side.

Killers is a great album and in my book it's straight up better than the debut, Number of the Beast, 90s offerings (possibly minus X Factor), and Dance of Death. I have three Maiden buckets; top one contains albums that I think have no filler and work as an album experience from start to finish. Middle bucket is for albums compromising some of those qualities, bottom bucket is for albums that I never listen from start to finish (anymore), and have several songs I deem as highly substandard

Top : Piece of Mind, Somewhere in Time, Seventh Son, A Matter of Life and Death, The Book of Souls
Middle : Number of the Beast, Killers, Powerslave, No Prayer for the Dying, The X Factor, Brave New World, The Final Frontier
Bottom : Iron Maiden, Fear of the Dark, Virtual XI, Dance of Death

They do change places, TFF didn't live up to top bucket, I found a lot of love for NPFTD recently because it is the most fun ride of the 90s, album flows quite well, while having a few serious songs too. TXF for instance has always been a somewhat drawn out experience and as a very moody album it requires a certain moment on the listener side.

If I were to rank the albums, it probably would be as follows (also ranked in order within each category):

Top : The Number of the Beast, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Piece of Mind, Powerslave, A Matter of Life and Death
Middle : Iron Maiden, The Book of Souls, Brave New World, Somewhere in Time, The Final Frontier, Killers, Dance of Death
Bottom : Fear of the Dark, The X Factor, No Prayer for the Dying, Virtual XI

Mine would be something like:

Top: Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Powerslave, A Matter of Life and Death;
Middle: Piece of Mind, The Number of the Beast, The Book of Souls, Somewhere In Time, Dance of Death, Brave New World, The X Factor;
Bottom: Iron Maiden, The Final Frontier, Fear of the Dark, No Prayer For the Dying, Killers, Virtual XI.

As a side note, I do frequently listen to all of them from start to finish and each work very much as unique kinds of experiences for me. That being said, my picks are more based around the general quality of the songwriting on each album, combined with the amounts of "fillers" (as in "weaker songs", top albums have none), and even sound quality in some cases (i.e.: Virtual XI, which features some deep cuts I think are brilliant, but the production makes it a very difficult listening experience).

Mine would be something like:

Top: Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Powerslave, A Matter of Life and Death;
Middle: Piece of Mind, The Number of the Beast, The Book of Souls, Somewhere In Time, Dance of Death, Brave New World, The X Factor;
Bottom: Iron Maiden, The Final Frontier, Fear of the Dark, No Prayer For the Dying, Killers, Virtual XI.

I would have The Book of Souls and The X Factor in the top, and move Final Frontier, Fear of the Dark and Killers to the middle, but otherwise I agree. :)

have another like Zare. Nice critique of killers...No bucket list though: even though this a "blasphemy thread", some folks just wouldn't take too kindly to seeing Dance of Death in the "top bucket", and the ever so popular Book of Souls and debut albums buried in the bottom pale...,

Back