Your Maiden blasphemy

I might also add that the Killers album (often considered underrated and one of the best) ranks second in my Bottom 3 of Maiden albums. It's way too uneven and lacks enough creativity to be considered more than merely good. Most of it actually feels like leftovers from the debut — which, after all, is exactly what it is.

I think Fallen Angel and Public Enema No1 are the best songs on the albums they are on. I also like The New Frontier, Gates of Tomorrow, Quest for Fire and Sun and Steel.

I don't like Alexander The Great, Dance of Death, FTGGOG or TRATB. My least favourite album is SIT. I like Killers a lot. In my top 5.

I like how The Book of Souls mostly has long songs. I just find them more engaging than your usual
five minute rocker. It may be coincidental but TOAC is the only song I still can't get into.
The repeated parts that ruined this album for some people are justified in my eyes. If a riff is good, I want to hear it more than twice.

I might also add that the Killers album (often considered underrated and one of the best) ranks second in my Bottom 3 of Maiden albums. It's way too uneven and lacks enough creativity to be considered more than merely good. Most of it actually feels like leftovers from the debut — which, after all, is exactly what it is.

Killers has grown on me. These days I enjoy it more than the debut, which is partly due to the vastly superior production (the debut has the worst sound of any Maiden record). The songs are pretty good too.

I'm not particularly crazy about Somewhere In Time also. While I wouldn't put it nowhere near Maiden's worst, I think it's quite a fair bit overrated.

This. Could not agree more.

Actually, this brings me to another Maiden blasphemy (although, I believe, it's mainly aimed at audiophiles and such): the 2015 iTunes remasters are my preferred versions of Maiden albums, even more so than the original Capitol or CP32 pressings. :D

The fact that killers is made up of "debut leftovers" is insane to me. I love killers. Every song is better than anything off the 1st to me. I spin killers regularly, but haven't had a notion to seek out anything from the debut lately. Blasphemy here, I know. And as I've stated many times, DOD is the king of the reunion!!

The fact that killers is made up of "debut leftovers" is insane to me. I love killers. Every song is better than anything off the 1st to me. I spin killers regularly, but haven't had a notion to seek out anything from the debut lately. Blasphemy here, I know. And as I've stated many times, DOD is the king of the reunion!!

I think they wrote loads of songs in the years before they got a recording contract. The 2 first albums had those songs. Not like The Killers songs were written for the 1st and considered too weak for it.

I think they wrote loads of songs in the years before they got a recording contract. The 2 first albums had those songs. Not like The Killers songs were written for the 1st and considered too weak for it.
The ‘filler’ songs on Killers are MITRM, Ghengis Khan, Prodigal Son and Drifters. These were songs that didn’t appear live before the album and were written to fill up space on the album. This is an appropriate usage of the term ‘filler’, as opposed to people using it as a derogatory term for songs that they don’t like on an album.

(I may be wrong on Drifters. It could be Twilight Zone I am thinking of)

Yeah, Drifter is wrong, there was even 2 live versions of it released prior to Killers, on the b-side to sanctuary and on Live + One in Japan.

Killers was also a new track. It had been played live before the album was released but it was only written after the first album came out.

Back