Your Maiden blasphemy

brave new world is ranked as my 2nd least favorite album. if the wicker man and GOTN weren't on there, it would be at the bottom

kevin shirley is the worst thing that could have happened to maiden. his production drives the albums down. save for AMOLAD. where suprise, he barely touches it..and it sounds great!

run to the hills is only good because it was the song that finally drew my wife into maiden. i caught her singing along to it one day, and she opened up she was a closet listener to maiden for months without telling me.

no prayer for the dying is their best 90'S album

mother russia is one of the most underrated songs

every time i see that fear of the dark and warthchild is in any live setlist, the thought of "the hell with it" goes through my head. i despise those songs so much

and i wish they weren't so damn lazy on setlists. would it kill you to drop the staples (ie FOTD, and TNOTB for other songs. you guys are getting older, but alot of the songs you never play, aren't very technically challenging (ie, SIASL)

annd for god sakes. PLEASE play the prophecy!! the best song on SSOASS

Man I feel better!:fencing::shred:

Last edited:
While i'm still here let's add a few other

+ The Red and the Black is the worst song from Book of Souls, it fucking annoys me
+ Journeyman is the best song on Dance of Fillers.. ehrm i mean Death (i used to dislike that song btw)
+ The title track Iron Maiden is a great live closer but the studio version just never did anything for me
+ I fucking love When Two Worlds Collide and it's a really underrated track
+ No Prayer has no good songs on it
+ I honestly can't believe why people rank SIT as the best Maiden album, i mean it's good but come on? the best? no way

Last edited:
To dissect your Blasphemous Points to see if they are Blasphemous enough, to see how 'edgy' this is....

1. Dance of Death is pretty pish, relatively speaking, but it certainly has at least 2 better songs than Journeyman. 4, in fact, maybe. So, yes, 1 Blaspheme point to you.

2. Not Blasphemous at all.

3. See Point 2 above.

4. The instrumental/solo section of Tailgunner alone rubbishes this point, so yes, Double Extra Blaspheme Point for you.

Overall, good hustle, I think, but not quite as edgy as saying Rime is a bag of shit or that The Apparition is any good.

I think my most 'out there' opinion is that Educated Fool & Eyes of a Stranger are great songs and Educated Fool should be played again but I reckon thats 60/40 against on here so doesn't really count as Blasphemy.

and it's one of my favorite Maiden albums, i just never liked Eddie with the guts against the light blue background. not pleasant on the eyes

While I definitely love Hallowed be Thy Name and consider it as an outstanding song etc, I don't miss it that much when it comes to setlist discussion. It's a great live song, but when it comes to the usual selection of classics they play, Hallowed's inclusion or omission is no big deal for me. Maybe not the the worst blasphemy around, but I guess it counts, considering how much many fans seem to feel it shoud be played every time. And yes, I love it, I just don't miss it if and when it's not played.

Another would be... Well, my love for Out of the Silent Planet, haha. While I acknowledge it's a bit... clumsy or something, it always brings a smile to my face and I used to dream about it being played live with that infamous intro and some explosions when the drums come in and the first verse kicks off. I just love the build up, melodies and the energy of the song, even though I can see why it's not a huge fan favourite or even one of my favourites on the album either.

I get what you're saying about "Hallowed", and I'm with you! But... "Out of the Silent Planet" is actually generally rated very highly. A blasphemy would be me saying (as I already did in this very thread) that I find it an awkward song that's nothing more than mediocre.

I think opinions are kinda mixed on it. I don't know anyone who agrees with me that it's the best song on the album, for instance.

Back